chapter eleven//Go out with me

Chapter eleven

Anjola

Stupid men thinking they can do whatever they want with whomever they please. That idiot probably lives with the STI infection's God himself. If students miss tests, it's enough that they take away half of your marks even if your reason seems legit enough but I did not sign up for a joy ride with my disgusting lecturer.

The night was cold and I was walking outside in nothing but my sleeping clothes. The expensive lights illuminated the identical houses and I seemed like a rat amidst all this Goliath buildings.

Monday is usually a great day at the club and if I'm smart, I could make up to fifteen or twenty thousand naira. I was going to leave the house after dinner but I was so angry, I didn't grab a decent outfit or any money. I think it's now a tradition for me to keep boarding public transport without money.

I walked past a house that had a growling dog at the entrance and it reminded me about the recent dogs I got to meet in my life presently. My stepfather is the biggest of them all even this korede guy was turning out to be a dog.

It wasn't really alarming that my mom hadn't tried to get in contact with me. She really didn't care if a snake swallows me like it has been swallowing Nigeria's money, or even if I had an estate in hell already because selling my body isn't exactly a shawarma business.

I stopped walking for a while to get some fresh air. The rate at which I've been walking these days could make Dj khaleed become a wizkid.

I stared a while at the cloud. It was dark and gloomy, much like my life. The full moon shone prominently in the middle giving a dim light to the already artificially lit street. The cold was setting in and I started to shiver, my limbs becoming numb.

I couldn't stay on the streets all night but I couldn't go back. At least not yet. And security wont find it so cute to see me roaming the estate for the third time.

I heard a patrol car and it was coming close fast. There was a 'keep Abeokuta clean' trash bin in front of the house with the growling dog so I quickly got behind it. The dog noticed the movements and intensified the barking. "Shut up idiot." I tried to warn the dog but I don't think he was much of a talker.

I tripped on something and stepped on the lawn, setting off loud alarm and red beams all over the place. What's with rich people and stupid alarms?

My heart started racing. The beams ran from the house to the other side. We don't have this in Saje and I am not exactly the security expert but with the little movies I watch, I know touching this alarm could trigger something worse.

Iron gates came around the house and I started feeling like David in this goliath situation. The siren noises got louder and it was obvious the patrol cars got doubled up. I just want to go home and cuddle in my hot room that probably fell apart as a result of yesterday's rain.

I was still behind the trash bin when the siren noises stopped. I heard the voices loud and clear since nobody really used generators here from what I've noticed. "Turn of the beams." As soon as the voice stopped the red lines came down and it was just a matter of seconds before they found me.

The sensible thing to do was to come out and explain why I set off alarms of people I don't even know. Before I could decide between my inner angel and devil, a security man spotted my fingers and I was dragged out.

"Put me down I'm not a criminal." I yelled as I freed myself off him. They wore black all through except their green plastic jackets that made them look like CIA agents.

"Then explain what you were doing on their property young lady."

"Why do they even have plenty alarms, they already have you people watching them?" it was really cold and confused in this situation. People that have their own personal police.

The gates came down and a short, stout man came out of the house and talked to the one that was questioning me while the other one started bringing hand cuffs out. "You can't take me anywhere, I know my rights."

"Which stupid rights," he laughed as he was opening the cuffs. "And beauties like you will be very happy to sleep over night in our chambers." It's really crazy how girls are treated in police and the SARS custody. Detaining them is one thing but sleeping and beating them is another. Who I'm I kidding; husbands that turn their wives to punching bags are allowed to roam free.

I am not going down without a fight. This stupid idiot is not taking me anywhere. "Well I live here and I want a phone call, it was an honest mistake, do I look like a criminal to you?"

"A criminal won't tell you hello I am a criminal, arrest me. And if I here that you live here. This place is not for people about to go to jail." Three out of the cars left probably to continue their rounds leaving me with only the first guy and this one that suddenly thinks he's God because his boss is busy.

As he was about stuffing me in the car with my hands cuffed, a red car pulled over and parked right besides us.

A man stepped out of it and walked towards the first man that was talking to the came out of the house. They shake hands after greeting each other loudly and they both walked towards us.

He looked kind of familiar but I couldn't register it. He was tall; dark skinned and looked like he visited the gym at least quite a week.

"You can let her go jomi." Jomi's face lit up as soon as he saw the person talking to him. Mystery man brought out some wrapped notes from his trouser pockets and squeezed it into Jomi's palm. He was smiling from ear to ear like he just met messiah as he bowed, earning a smile from mystery man.

He took the cuffs off, they entered the patrol car, turned on the siren and zoomed off in the while vehicle.

"Erm do I know you?"

"That's not how to say thank you." He said as he tried leading me to his red car.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Now tell me why you helped me." Curse my big mouth. Somebody just saved my ass and I'm here attacking him.

A rather impatient smile formed on his lips as he explained himself to me. "I'm koredes brother, Tobi, I saw you on your way out and when I came to see what was going on, I decided to help." He spread his lips and a bigger smile erupted.

"Well thank you Tobi, I'm very grateful." I said with a fake smile and started walking away. I didn't go to work today and I needed to save up soon and fast for my final projects.

He followed me with giant strides and caught up to me in no time. "Let me take you out. Please?"

Hello amazing wattpadders how y'all doing today. New chapter up. Do you think anjola should go out with Tobi? Please every awesome person should participate. Comment or why you want her to go or why you don't. Have a lovely week fams

Xoxo wonu ;]