Chapter six// stay

Korede

As soon as Leila left, I ignored whiskey and walked into my room. There are two things I hate most in this world; tight shoes and nosy people. She was trying to get in my business and I am having none of that. I needed to clear my head and have it straight again if I'm going to listen to her.

Leila needed to be put in her place. What did she think? Together forever? Give me a break. It was quite amusing to watch that scene; someone yelling he's mine and you're just like "bitch I belong to every woman and no woman."

Her antics reminded me of my girlfriend in nursery school. I still have that particular memory from twenty one years ago and it was plastered in my brain like finger prints. All I could remember was her skin fair like white coffee and the black bouncy, curly hair as she pinched another girl that tried to walk with me to the assembly. Her name was debola or something like that.

I locked my door so whiskey would not have tried to rape me or take advantage of my beautiful self. She had this mysterious vibe and I didn't mind becoming a detective to crack the case and in the process maybe we could crack some other things if you know what I mean.

Before Leila walked it, I wanted to hold her lips captive and smash it with mine, I had the insane urge to hug her lips with my lips and suck the living daylights out it. She probably went through a bad break up and needed refuge so yours truly would always be ready to save a maiden in distress.

I picked up a mars chocolate from the green bowl on my nightstand and threw it into my mouth.

Mars.

Mars.

Why do I still eat this stuff?

Why can't I simply move on?

Who am I kidding; no woman can ever measure up to her. Just like Mars she was dark and beautiful; a chocolate goddess God took extra hours to create. I still have the feeling of her smooth and velvety skin stuck to mine. The memory of her well sculpted face and lips devouring my own.

Just like a frozen mars, she was dark and solid on the outside but after biting into her, she becomes soft and sweet, making life seem like nothing but chocolaty goodness. On our first night together, we covered each other in frozen Mars chocolates and I ate it off her with burning passion. I remembered how her big deep brown eyes were closed tight as I took her to planet Mars, fulfilling her every desire.

I remembered whiskey was still in the sitting room and I was probably dumb for leaving a stranger in the house but I had a good feeling about her and that was the reason I brought her here in the first place.

After I finished with my five minutes shower, I sprayed myself put on some clothes and went back to the living room.

She was sitting on the couch watching an episode of the Johnson's and I just walked up to her and sat down beside her. Her vanilla and mint smell made me feel all tingly inside and I moved closer to get more of that nice smell. She probably used the perfume I put inside the bag earlier.

As soon as she saw me, she turned the TV off and moved back a bit. "Um I'm sorry about the TV I was just..." she said in an uneasy manner. It was obvious that she wasn't comfortable but something in me pushed me to go further.

"Its fine, its fine." I paused for a while and studied her again. For the first time since I met her, she wasn't looking me straight in the eye. She seemed to find my Mickey Mouse stuffed toy more amusing as she twirled it between her slender fingers with nails painted a fiery red.

"So, I'm a very straight forward man," I said, trying to get straight down to business. "What's wrong? Why didn't you go home immediately? Who are you? Why did you get drunk last night? Why were you crying?" I had all this questions that needed answers and I wanted them fast.