chapter twenty seven// All hope is lost

Anjola
I thought once things became worse, it could only get better. I thought life even was finally smiling at me. I actually thought that for once in my miserable life, something I set my eyes on would go well for me. I'm such an idiot. This cruel world ripped it out of my sight and ripped my eyes away too because I don't even know where to turn to again.

In that unknown gentleman's hand, I made myself comfortable and totally zeroed my mind. I was done with thinking about the future, I was done with trying to make things better, I was done with life itself. Whomever placed this curse on me did a pretty splendid job.

"Calm down, you'll be fine, I got you." He whispered quietly as we walked through the calm of the night to get to his car I supposed. Everybody that attended this party seemed to be rich and sophisticated.

"Why are you even trying to help me?" I said, loud enough for him to hear me. The gentleman didn't answer, he just kept us walking till we got to a red colored vehicle.

He put me down and thrust his hands into his pocket to look for something which I presumed; his keys.

He pressed the button and the lights of the car flashed twice to indicate that it was unlocked. "Come here, I'll help you." He held on to my arm to support me.

"Nahh, I'm fine. I can do it alone." I didn't want to seem like a weakling in front of my helper. It was enough that he assisted me during that embarrassing moment, he didn't need to see me like this again.

"I choose to help." He simply stated.

"Okay, fine." I allowed him guide me to the passengers seat and he helped me get it. He pointed at the seat belt and I quickly did it to avoid any awkward moments.

He got in and drove out of the compound without saying a word.

Up till today, I still don't understand what Governor Amosun is trying to achieve by breaking all the roads in kuto. At the end of the day, his tenure would expire and then this crazy traffic will continue. Politicians will really do anything just to secure the bag.

"So where exactly am I taking you to? Where his your home?" He finally took the opportunity of the delay to question me. I knew this was coming and I dreaded it ever since I strapped that seatbelt on.

"Well... It's kinda Erm..." His big round eyes stared at me and they seemed too innocent for somebody his age. I didn't feel tensed around him and I detected gold vibes as well.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell, I understand." He said quietly. The traffic was starting to move and I thanked God for that. I can't even deal with awkward conversations at the moment.

"So should I drop you off at a hotel?" He asked quietly and I nodded in affirmation. His voice was so calm that it made my ears tingle with excitement. It wasn't the normal sexy, manly gruff voice; it was cool and really beautiful.

Soon, we got to the gates to IBD hotel and of course, hotels weren't foreign to me. I've been here countless times before but it was really satisfying to know that some drunk sexhalolic wouldn't be pummelting me tonight.

What could be going through Korede's mind right now? He must be furious. He showed me love and all I did was betray him.

I'm an idiot.

A complete fool.

He must be drowning in his own tears right now.

I don't deserve anything.

Nothing at all.

"Are you alright?" My benefactor asked me as we passed the checkpoints. This people sef; sure we don't have weapons but can't we carry poison and just kill everyone there?