chapter sixteen// hey baby

Chapter sixteen

.

Insert playlist

.

Korede

Anjola was so stupid for going out with Tobi and I still stood with my opinion, who goes out with a stranger? But I wasn't proud of what I said to her and I regretted it immediately she turned her back and walked away. She had gone through a lot and all I did was turn my back on her.

I entered my car and drove like a ghost through the roads of Abeokuta to Stone house to have some drinks. It was about two o'clock and the sun was at his highest and I regretted again for the millionth time that I took a car without air conditioning.

I considered getting a girl to come with me but for the first time in my life, I wasn't in the mood for girls or sex. I had to find something to do about this weird burning sensation I get when I saw her. I felt the need to get her approval and I staged all this for her.

I didn't get what I problem was anyway, why couldn't she be more like Leila? She thought of her beautiful long legs and her soft flavored lips filled my mind. I'll be giving her another call soon. She was like a television; you press the button when you're ready to watch and when you're done, you switch it off and leave it on the shelf for next time.

I stopped by the turn just before stone to get some roasted corn. I preferred it roasted to boiled and the one she was preparing looked very attractive in a nice blend of orange and black. I collected the corn and paid her two hundred Naira. "Ema worry." I told her as she stretched a crumpled hundred naira to me. She was old and had a naked little boy beside her; she definitely needed the money more than I did.

The state of money in Nigeria these days.

I wonder if Anjola likes roasted corn, she didn't seem like the girls that pretend.

Why do I keep thinking about her?

God

I drove into stone and I found out from the security guard that an invite only party was happening in there but since the six foot five, two hundred pounds bouncer knew me, he allowed me in.

The place was packed already for a strict party. The music was deafening as usual and the strobe lights made the club goers faces it's dance floor and alcohol graced the table; typical club atmosphere.

I went straight to the bar to get some shots, my body was already thirsty for some nice tequila and stone house had the best.

"Two shots, jut write down everything I take." I instructed the bar man. They had a stupid habit of informing you about the bill each time you take a glass.

"The drinks are on the house man." I hated taking free alcohol; it made me feel like less of a man but I didn't have much of a choice so I downed the first shot. It shot straight down my back and set my brain to factory reset mode.

"Hey let's give it up for prince Segun, the nigga of today, drink as much as you want." A guy came up after they killed the music and introduced the celebrant. His speech slurred from drinking alcohol.

I thought about the name as I gulped the next shot. I knew prince Segun. He was Tobi's friend but we were Gees too. I took the third shot and walk over to the VIP section, ignoring a girl in red underwear that tried to hit on me.

"Tell price Segun that it's Korede from king's high, he'll understand." I told the bouncer guarding the entrance of the area. He came back few minutes later and gestured for me to enter.