chapter twelve// i can't swi

thanks for all the votes and comments

Chapter-twelve

Insert your choice of playlist.

Anjola

It wouldn't hurt to go out with this man that just saved my life after all I didn't want to go home. It was kind of surprising that this man was korede's brother. He had this sophisticated aura that korede didn't have and it made want to know him better.

He had an 'I'm waiting' smile plastered on his face. In the brilliantly lit street, I could see his prominent features. Although he had a striking resemblance with korede, his face was more sculpted and he looked a bit older so I guessed he was the older one. Not only did he look more mature, he dressed the same with his grey suit but unlike most executives, it wasn't drab or big or ugly. It was snug and clung to his body like second skin.

"Well, where are we going?" I asked him as I watched his smile grow bigger.

"My friend's hosting a pool party at park inn." Damn, park inn was one of the most expensive places in town. I thought he was going to suggest getting suya or something which I would've politely denied because I don't like that stuff. It just doesn't appeal to my taste buds.

"Well in case if you didn't notice. I am sort of in my em... night gown." I said sheepishly. Something about him made me feel good inside. He was handsome and seemed very nice and mature unlike his idiot of a brother.

Maybe something good was finally happening to me.

Maybe, maybe just maybe he would grow closer to me and we could become friends.

Shut up Anjola, nothing good ever happens to people like you. I'll probably just graduate and live a career life.

That's if I ever get a job.

"Girls and their wahala, it's a pool party not the headies award, let's go joor."

"I don't think I can." I said. I had to play a little hard to get so he doesn't think that I am a cheap girl. My life is actually an irony. I spread my legs at the mere sight of money and here I am, playing hard to get.

He did not even answer me; he just took my hands in his as he pulled me to his car. It was then I noticed that he drove a Lamborghini.

Are this people made of out money?

We entered the car and he turned the AC on. The vent in front of me opened up and the cold air met my face. I shivered a bit but didn't show it so he doesn't think I'm poor or cheap or that we don't have such in my house.

"Do you like simi's music?" he asked with a smile. In the minutes I had known him, he seemed to be a gentleman.

"Yes I do." Simi is a total goddess. She's one of the few Nigerian artists that truly deserve to be in the industry.

"Good then." He presses a few buttons and Joromi fills the car.

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

We got too the gate of Park inn by Radisson and after scans and stuff, we zoomed in. I had never been here before even with the job I had and I was finally face to face with the impressive park inn sign that every commoner sees from afar when they passed kuto road. It was like seeing the statue of liberty of the Eiffel tower in Paris.

The parking lot was packed and I could hear the music probably from the pool side. The place didn't even look like it knew what nightfall was, there did very well with artificial lightning. Tall palm trees surrounded the blue and white building and it made the place very breezy. It reminded me of the beach. It has been my lifelong dream to go to the beach and I am very sure I do not need to explain why that hasn't happened yet.

We walked towards the entrance and finally got to the door; which opened as soon as it sensed our movements. Sometimes I just sit alone and wonder how far technology as gone. People will just sit in their houses and talk to somebody at the other side of the world.

The lobby was an epitome of beauty. It was as if I stepped into a big bowl of traditional and modern artistry with a touch of glamour and sophistication. The white flawless walls were graced with all sorts of decorations with deep artistic importance ranging from paintings by famous artists to golden mirrors and decorated calabashes.

As we walked to the pool area, I noticed a price tag on one of the paintings and it had 550,000 Naira on it. Jesus Christ of Nazareth! For just one paint on a canvass? I get that some of them are pretty but who pays so much for such? But the interior decorator pieced everything together making sure it all compliments each other and doesn't look too vulgar.

I walked slowly a little bit behind him, feeling embarrassed about my looks. We finally got to the pool side and the party was already in full swing. I was very tired and hungry. I had a long, stupid day and I have not had anything to eat due to lack of some moola.

Tobi led me to a group of men sitting under a fancy canopy with girls in bikinis on their laps.

Tobi's POV

Unlike my stupid little brother, I don't waste my time and all and I do what I have to do without hesitations. She was so fair, white and glowing. The mere thought of that makes my pants full and the fact that korede wants her too adds more ginger to it.

Harry just came back from the states and he threw a pool party to celebrate that. Girls from all over the world were present. Spain, India, London, just name it. Maybe after getting down with her, I could get one of the dolls here.

"Harry my man, how far na?" we greeted each other as we shook hands.

"This is Anjola, my date tonight." I informed him with a wink, as I hoped he got the message I was trying to send. She stretched her hands to shake him and he clasped it with his.

We sat down and once I noticed she was getting comfortable, I signaled to our assigned waitress to bring the pina colada I had ordered for her with a special fairy dust that'll make her act like a good girl.

"Anjola, you like pina colada?" I asked her as I handed her the drink and collected my legend stout as well so it doesn't seem suspicious that I'm ordering for her alone.

As I sipped my beer slowly right beside her, I waiting anxiously for her to even take a little bit out of the drink.

The party has grown bigger and more and more kissing couples were in the pool. DJ spinall from his corner was giving everybody a good time with his crazy mixes but my eyes, body and soul was fixated on this girl, it's as if some spirit held her hands and prevented her from drinking it.

In the strobes lights, I could only see her face a little bit. She had a Ghana weaving done and it brought her face out really nice. It was really crazy how I got so attracted to her in just a few minutes.

She finally lifted the cup to her mouth.

Yes.

Then she drops it.

Woman.

Before I could ask her what was wrong, she stood up and started leaving.

Not on my watch young lady.

I stood us as well and just as she was about to step away from the pool, I threw her in just for some harmless fun. She landed with a big splash and everybody's attention was directed towards us.

Her body went down for a while and in a split second, her arms came up and she started yelling. "Help...help...I can't swi..."

Hello boys and girls, men and women, husband and spinsters and wives how you doing this fine evening? Did you guys enjoy this one? The comments I've been getting has made my head swell ehn? They think I'm mad in my house sef because I'm always laughing. Alright guys. Let's get to 1k. You guys are awesome