Chapter Forty- Union

🎶Love me like you do🎶

Leon's POV

I exhaled heavily, taking a deep breath. The day that Leon S Kennedy was extremely nervous was a day I saw as impossible.

I never got nervous, even when faced with the most horrific creatures never had fear taken over. The day that I was nervous and slightly scared was one I did not see coming.

The day was here.

I looked to the direction I knew Claire would be entering from with nervous eyes. That is the stairs that she would be descending soon in only a matter of minutes.

I took another deep breath, my eyes still fixed to the wooden stairs as I toyed with the watch on my wrist.

"Well you are sweating like hell" came Chris's voice behind me, in my opinion I think he was actually teasing me. Did I looked as nervous as I felt?

My hand went to my forehead immediately, collecting the beads of sweat present there. I looked at my hand that resembled a hand dipped in water.

Even while working out I still could not produce the sweat I was producing in this moment. Chris patted my shoulder a little bit too roughly but Chris was a rough person so I made no effort in pointing that out.

"Relax Kennedy...when the wedding march goes on then you can expect Claire" he told me as he handed me a rag and I swiped the cloth across my face immediately.

"Thanks" I stated in a grim tone as I fold the rag that was now drenched in sweat and Chris half smirked.

"No problem Kennedy" he added as he headed back to Jill who was watching us from her table. The moment Chris sat next to his wife a familiar tune came on.

My gaze fell to the direction of the stairs and the priest ajusted his spectacles and his bible. Claire was stunning.

Her hair was not in its usual ponytail and her dress fit her body perfectly. She was perfect. When her blue eyes lifted from the stairs which she was currently descending those blue eyes fell to me.

She gave me a shy smile while my heart was beating at an abnormal rate. I returned her shy smile, Claire stopping before me. I took her hands, Claire staring up at me.

The priest straightened his posture, the wedding marching coming to a slow end. The priest cleared his throat, his gaze directed to the close friends and family gathered here.

"We are gathered here to witness the union of a man and woman in holy matrimony" the priest began and there were small claps.

Claire's eyes said 'I'm so nervous' and my hands replied by giving her hand a light squeeze as if to say 'so was I'. While the priest continued to preach about love and it's importance Claire and I maintained eye contact.

'I love you' she mouthed and I smiled, returnung the gesture.

"Do you Miss Redfield take Leon Scott Kennedy to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked Claire and my heart drummed in my chest.

"Yes, I do" Claire stated and my palms became sweaty when the priest attention fell to me.

"Do you Mr Kennedy take Claire Redfield to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asked and I looked to Claire.

"Yes I do" I replied, cheers erupting from my friends and I could hear Jill oh so clearly. Claire blushed, maybe slightly embarrassed due to Jill's hysterics.

"You are now man and wife, you may kiss to seal this union Mr and Mrs Kennedy" the priest anounced and I leaned in to kiss Claire who wasted no time to put her arms around my neck.

Our lips curled over each other, Claire parting her lips slowly as soon as my tongue made contact with her lips. I then opened my eyes when a bottle of water connected with my thigh, Stanley's laughter being heard.

"He said kiss her Kennedy, not make love" Stanely teased and Claire chuckled.

"Congrats you two" Came Jill's voice as she hugged Claire and I.

"Well what are you two waiting on, we have a hotel to get to" Chris added and Claire rolled her eyes at her brother.

"All you care about is the food you big pig" Claire stated and at Chris's face expression Jill and Stanley chuckled heavily. I fought the urge to smile.

******

"Congrats you two, I knew you guys would get to this point from the moment I met you" Stanely stated and Claire smiled as she leaned on my shoulder.

"Thank you so much. I guess nightmares can turn into beautiful dreams" Claire stated and Stanley nodded knowing that we had escaped Racoon city together.

Stanley punched my arm lightly, pointing a finger at me. "Take care of her now Kennedy, I'm going to see if there is any lady around here to snatch" he remarked before leaving.

Chris made his way over, a glass of wine in his hands while another man accompanied him. The other guy had a camera in his hand.

"Here comes our life's lecture" Claire remarked and Chris gave her a look.

"I heard that Claire" he stated as he sipped his drink. "We are taking a picture but Jill and sherry had to powder their noses" Chris stated.

The bearded man smiled at Claire, reaching his hand towards her. "I'm Barry Burton, a good friend of Chris and Jill, nice to finally meet you Claire" he stated and Claire gave him a genuine smile.

"A plessure to meet you Barry" Claire stated.

"The plessure to meet you is mine Claire, now I see why Chris spoke about you so much back in our S.T.A.R.S days" Barry added and Claire looked to brother stunned.

"You know, stuff like how big your head is. The way I had to move your entire head when you stood before the TV when we were kids" Chris stated and I sunk my teeth into my lips so I did not offend Claire by laughing.

"That's not true you ape! Your ears gave me nightmares as a kid because you snuck into my room to steal and when I woke up all I could see were your big ears!" Claire threw back and Chris pinched her nose.

"I think the witch wants her nose back Claire" Chris stated as he rocked Claire's nose, her head moving with it.

"Cut it out!" Claire exclimed as she slapped her brother who was too busy laughing to even feel it. Barry snapped photos, his gaze falling on me.

"How have you been doing Leon?" He asked and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Besides the government on my ass? I'm great" I replied.

"Thats good Leon" he stated as his eyes fell on a girl. "Hey Moria honey, come meet the bride" he yelled and the girl made her way over.

When his eyes fell on Claire who was trying to choke the living hell out of Chris he cleared his throat. Chris and Claire straighten immediately.

"Claire this is Moria, my daughter" he stated and the look Claire always had whenever she saw children appeared. She lowered herself with a smile.

"Hi Moria, I'm Claire" she greeeted and the girl smiled back at her.

"Hi Claire" she greeted.

"Here we are" Jill announced as she made her way over to us with Sherry behind her. Claire took the camera from Barry, handing it to a passer by after asking the fellow of he could take a few pictures.

"I want a photo with everyone individually then a group photo. I want the first photo to be with my husband" Claire stated as she made her way into my arms.

One more chapter to go guys :)

What are your remarks towards the story?

Vote and Comment please 😊😊😊