Chapter Twenty Seven- A New Start

Claire and Leon Tribute (Video is not mine)

Claire's POV

As soon as I entered my brother's house a blonde girl around seventeen ran towards me, hugging me. I stared at my brother in shock but the moment I returned her hug flashbacks came.

As soon as one of those brainless flesh eaters appeared out of no where I placed the small girl behind me. Firing multiple shots. 

I had been trying to get the girl to realize I was not one of these creatures for a while now. The girl ran everytime she saw me and I couldn't blame her. She was just a child, she wouldn't know the difference between a normal person and a zombie.

Zombies moved and besides the low growling there wasn't much of a difference to child of her age. She really had a reason to run.

*****
It flashforward to sixteen year old Sherry.

"Isn't this a rescue, why are we walking?" Sherry asked and the death soldiers kept silent. If she kept this up she's probably have us killed.

Those men hated questions and at this point she was asking too many.

"Shouldn't you guys have a van or something?" Sherry asked once more and the only female in the squad held her temples. Yep, Sherry wanted us dead alright.

My memories of the blond girl came jumbled but I remembered. I was definitely aware of who she was.

I gasped, taking steps back to look at Sherry. Hugging her again as she smiled at me.

"I'm so glad you are home again. I'm so sorry Claire, I wanted to help Chris to rescue you but he said no" she confessed. I smiled, she didn't have to.

"He was trying to protect you, I would have done the same thing" I confessed. She smiled.

"Would you like to see Junior?" She asked and I arched a brow. Chris held the girl's shoulder.

"She lost her memories, this is all new to her Sherry, we can't dish everything out at her like that" Chris stated and I looked around in confusion.

"Who is Junior?" I asked and Jill took my hand.

"Your son...you have a son Claire" she stated softly and if Jill wasn't next to me I would have collapsed.

I had a son?

*****

I was rocking the crying child in my arms, kissing his forehead when Chris, Jill and Leon came to the living area.

"The apartment you were staying at is not safe anymore now that Wesker knows where it is...I can't have him causing anymore trouble than he already did" Chris told me and the baby laughed at me as soon as I made a face.

I smiled, his toothless smile was so cute.

"He laughed at me Chris" I stated and Chris stood before me, his hands on my shoulder.

"Focus Claire" he stated and I placed the baby in his stroller after pecking his forhead, looking at my brother.

"The apartment isn't safe so where does that leave me to go Chris?" I asked and he saddened.

"You stay with Leon, you are safer there. We'll have your stuff brought there tomorrow" Jill stated and I looked at Leon who was strict as usual.

It made me wonder, did the man ever smile? It was as though he was always trapped in his own world. He didn't look at me, he was always looking around me or above me but never at me.