Chapter Sixteen- Places you can't see

Leon Scott Kennedy☝☝☝

Leon's POV

It was now a month and we were still clueless as to where Claire was and how we were going to rescue her. Wesker gave us nothing else after I ended his call by tossing Jill's phone in the wall that day.

Jill constantly reminded me of how I owed her a phone. As a matter of fact, I was just reminded of how I had a phone to replace.

"Oh come on Jill, he was just angry...I would have done the very same thing...Wesker is a dick" Chris stated as soon as the car came to a stop, me turning the ignition off.

"I was just as angry, yes Wesker has the power to drive people nuts, I get that but you didn't see me throwing my phone in the wall" Jill stated as she followed Chris who got out of the car.

"As soon as this is all over I'll get you that phone" I told Jill. She smiled.

"Now we are talking Kennedy" she stated but her smile fell as soon as she took a look around.

"Well umbrella always choose the most fucked up locations...gotta hand them that award" Jill stated as she held onto her gun while she looked around. I agreed with her, this place looked like hell.

"This may just be one of Wesker's many trash bins..." Chris stated while he looked around. I lifted my hand...Jill and Chris looking at me strangely.

"Listen..." I urged them, not liking what my instincts were telling me, something was off. Jill looked at me in confusion.

"There is no form of human life here..." I stated as I held my gun before me, taking cautious steps.

"I don't like this either Kennedy...this place is too damn quiet for my liking...Jill stay close to me" Chris stated as he led the way, looking behind him to see that his wife was close to him.

She rolled her eyes, poking him with the point of her gun. "I'm a big girl Christopher" she stated. I looked around for another sign of anything strange.

The ground below us vibrated, stones shaking to indicate that something was moving underground. Something that either felt our footsteps or smell us.

Making a rude entrance was I gigantic worm, growling as it stared down at us. Jill's eyes went as wide as its mouth, the creature wriggling above us.

"Holy shit..." Jill remarked and Chris raised his gun to eye level, his lips pressed into a thing line.

"Still think you're a big girl Jill?" Chris teased and Jill eyed him as she raised her gun.

"I survived Racoon City didn't I?" She asked as I looked around. More creatures making their way up.

"It isn't just one of these things!" I exclaimed, firing at the one that was trying to give us the element of surprise.

"What the...that blond bastard!" Jill yelled as she fired at the one before her. That's until she screamed when something grabbed her foot from underground.

I tried grabbing her but failed...

A huge green vine wrapped around her leg, her gun falling as she hung up side down, Chris ceasing fire on the monster before him. In other words him leaving me to fight alone.

"Jill!" He exclaimed, firing at the plant like monster that drew Jill closer to it's mouth. It groaned, firing thorns which we dodge.

"Get to the facility, I'm right behind you!" Jill stated as she removed her knife, slicing the creature. Chris and I were now back to back, firing at the various creatures before us.