Chapter Six- Encounter two

Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine ☝☝☝

Leon's POV

Jill, Chris and I kept our guns raised as we approached the door. Stepping over corpses in the process.

"Okay Leon, there are eight men behind that door. Two will attack from above eliminate those two first"  stated my guide whenever I part take in any mission.

I raised my fingers, looking to Jill and Chris as I signaled on three; one, two...three.

The door swung open with the pressure exerted by Chris and I, gunshots raining through the air.

I rolled behind a metallic box, looking to Chris and Jill who did the same.

"Well these guys are loaded" Jill remarked.

"The shooters above us has the advantage" I stated as I peeked from the box swiftly, gunshots sounding as soon as I reclined my head.

"We need to take them out first" I added.

"On it" Jill stated as she began climbing the boxes, going for the men above us.

"Coast clear!" She yelled. Chris and I then head for the men on ground, killing them before they could kill us.

"Search the files, maybe we can find something of use" Chris stated and we scanned the various folders.

"Here's something on Claire!" Jill exclaimed.

"Take it, it might give us a lead on Wesker's intentions" I stated, scanning other folders.

A thunderous laugh echoed through the room, catching us off guard. We raised our guns, looking around us to see one of the computer's lighting up.

Wesker.

I grit my teeth, staring at the computer screen. He smirked, calm and collected as usual.

"Well, I can see that you don't know what it means to give up" he began, running his fingers through Claire's red hair.

Jill gave him a look, one of hatred and anger.

"You're sick" she hissed, her gaze still screaming scorn. His head turned in her direction.

"Now, now, Jill I trained you better than that. Emotions are a vital enemy in your line of work" he remarked, looking down at Claire who didn't even flinch. 

Was she unconscious? Did he somehow got her to submit to injections and other forms of pharmaceuticals?

"What did you do to her?" I asked, trying not let my face show my anger. Not show how much I wanted to beg for Claire's life, even if it meant giving up my own.

"I think the better question is what will I do to her?" He taunted and Jill raised her gun.

"He's a distraction...he's toying with our focus" Jill stated and Wesker laughed as we turned to face the door frame. Metal being drawn on the floor could be heard clearly.

Why hadn't I seen that coming?

"Well since you guys have company, I'll just leave you to your sleepover, do enjoy your pillow fight" Wesker stated and I glanced at the computer, watching the screen go black.

"Asshole...can't believe I once had a crush on that guy" Jill mumbled and Chis looked at her so swiftly it was a surprise his neck still functioned.

We had no time for this however so I spoke, directing our focus back to the situation at hand.

"Whatever is coming we can't allow it to trap us in here" I stated and we made our way out of the room immediately.

"Not this shit" Jill hissed as she stopped herself from skidding by using her hand to get a solid grip on the floor. She stood.