Chapter Thirty Nine- Girls Night Out

🎶Take it off🎶

Claire's POV

As soon as Leon and Chris left the house Jill, Sherry and I headed for a store Jill saw as a 'good' place to shop. The whole idea of sending Leon and Chris off together was actually my idea. Yes I was aware that Leon and Chris already knew each but I still say it as a good time for the pair to bond.

After all I'm sure there is a lot of things Chris did not know about the man that was going to my his little sister.

Upon reaching the store Jill saw as ideal we got right into trying on dresses. Thats where Sherry found the dress she was going to wear to my wedding.

As for Jill and I we had to find another store to shop. I felt bad for Leon's credit card because I knew by the looks of the dresses in this store I would have to spend a good fortune.

Finding the dress for my wedding reception was the easy part but what gave the greatest difficulty was selection a wedding dress.

Hours went by and I had tried on multiple dresses, Jill and Sherry turning down each and every one of them. At this point I would have had better luck hunting diamonds rather than a wedding dress.

I looked to Sherry and Jill who both wore Frowns as they looked at me with disapproval. I sighed, hanging my shoulders as I did.

They gave me this look every time I exited the changing room in a new dress.

"You guys never like any of the dresses I choose" I frowned and Jill gave me a emoji like look.

"Claire Redfield, the dress you are wearing now make it seems as though Leon is marrying a stripper" Jill told me truthfully and my jaw fell. Sherry giggled before giving her input.

"Yeah...besides Chris would probably throw you off a building" she told me truthfully and I growled, returning to the changing room.

"I had no idea finding a damn dress would be so difficult" I mumbled as I got out of the dress.

"Did you say something young Redfield?" Jill asked and I sighed.

"No Jill, I was talking to myself" I told Jill.

"Here! Try this on!" Sherry exclaimed as she handed me a dress while I gave her my previous dress to put back.

I hoped into the dress immediately and I hated it immediately. This was not the dress for a woman of my figure. I was a slender girl, a woman with a lot more curves would rock this dress perfectly.

I leaned against the wall, sliding to the floor as I stared at mid air. This was exhausting. I tried on around twenty different dresses and they all had a flaw wether to Jill or me.

"Claire?" Jill called, apparently she began to wonder why I hadn't come forward to showcase the dress as yet.

After a few minutes I eventually exited the room, taking a seat as I stared at the mirror. Jill and Sherry sat next to me, Jill's hand going to my shoulder.

"What's wrong young Redfield?" she asked me and I looked at her, giving a sad smile.

"Me, that's what's wrong. I can't pick out a simple dress and my wedding is only a week away" I told her. She stood.

"Don't beat yourself up about it honey I had the same problem Claire, its natural for you to feel that way ...I assure you we will find that dress and the moment we do...the rest of the day is about having fun" Jill stated, her voice laced with optimism. I looked up at her, a smile tugging her lips gently.

********

"Oh shit, there goes Chris and Leon..." Jill sated as she pulled Sherry and I back into the store we were about to exit.

"So why are we hiding from them?" Sherry asked and I looked at Jill wondering the same damn thing.

"We are going to have fun remember? If those two see us we will be followed like teenagers." Jill stated and Sherry made a face.

"Hey!" Sherry pouted and Jill gave her an appologetic look while I looked at the shopping bags in my hands. Theses things were starting to get heavy.

"I think they already saw us Jill" Sherry stated and Jill peeked at the men that were still conversing by the car.

"Shit...we'll have to make a run for my car" Jill stated and Sherry and I waited.

"Okay on three, one...two...three!" Jill yelled and at the last word we dashed out of the store and across the street. Leon and Chris's gaze fell to us and when Jill followed by Sherry and I got into the car Leon and Chris got the cue.

The moment we drove off they did the same, Jill hissing a curse under her breath as she approaced a stop light. A familar car came next to us and when the windows went down I shrank in my seat.

"Why are you running from us, what are you three up to?" Chris asked and Jill kept her eyes fixed on the stop light as he spoke.

"Its just a simple girls night out dad " Jill stated and Chris gave her a look but before he could speak the light changed to green.

We were off, Chris and Leon chasing us. "Where exactly are we going Jill?" I asked asked while Sherry kept her gaze behind her.

"They are closing in" Sherry squealed and I glance behind me before looking at Jill.

"A club..." Was what Jill told me and my eyes widened. Had the woman I looked up to lost her mind?

"What! They'll have our heads and Sherry is a minor! She can't drink or even enter a club!" I exclaimed as Jill made a few swift turns, a trash bin being knocked over in the process.

"We lost them!" Sherry cheered.

"And that's the exact reason I didn't want those two following us" Jill stated and I stared at her. Had she gone deaf or did she forget her hearing aids at home.

"Jill! Sherry is a minor!" I yelled once more and Jill made a face of annoyance.

"Claire nothing will happen" Jill stated as she parked the car, looking around cautiously.

"Okay..." Turning to Sherry Jill placed some lipstick onto the blond girl's lips.

"This is why you told us to buy those extra dresses huh?" I asked and Jill gave me a wicked smile.

We got into the club easier than expected as this club didn't even ask for identification. This sorta stuff made me wonder about the club's safety.

I shook the thought away as I knew I had a gun on my hips and most definitely knew how to use it. Making our way over to the bar area we took a seat, Jill ordering us light drinks.

I was still skeptical about Sherry drinking but since Jill chose to order a mild drink for her I didn't bother to press the issue. Sherry sipped her drink, make a slightly sour face.

"I thought this stuff would taste better" she mumbled and I gave a slight chuckle. That's when we heard two masculine voice behind us.

"A dance?" When the question was asked Jill and I froze while Sherry hurried and swallowed her drink.

"It was Jill's idea!" Sherry and I pointed out Clearly and Chris simply shook his head. Taking Leon's hand I stood, offering him the dance he requested.

The book is nearing it's end guys...only two chapters to go.

I would love to hear your favorite moments😊😊

Vote and comment please😊👉🌟