Chapter Ten- Small talks

Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy☝

Leon's POV

We found Jill in a bar close to the hotel, Jill taking a heavy swig of of her drink as soon as we sat next to her.

She ordered another, treating that drink in the same manner.

"I'm sorry Jill, you were right, throwing fist wont fix this shit" I stated, my eyes falling from Jill to the bartender who was now looking at me.

"Whiskey" I told her and she served me in no time.

"Yeah J, I can be a dick sometimes. I'm really sorry" Chris stated, taking Jill's hand before she could order another drink.

"Sometimes?" She asked raising her eyebrows at her husband and making reference to the him being a dick part of his statement.

"Okay so maybe most of the time but we really are sorry about earlier Jill. You have all rights to be upset" he stated as I threw the contents of my drink down my throat, ordering another.

The bartender eyed Chris who hadn't ordered anything as yet. Well someone was eager to make cash.

"Just give me a beer" he stated still looking at Jill who eyed the both of us. As soon as he had gotten his beer he took a sip.

"I had already forgiven you two assholes" she admitted, Taking a deep breath.

"Now that that's over, what do you say to make up sex?" Chris asked and Jill smacked the back of his head, that's when I zoned out of the conversation.

As soon as our lips separated Claire stared at me, my grey eyes searching her blue eyes. Beyond their moisture I could see hurt there. I felt like the worst man that ever lived.

I felt like a fucking monster doing this to her.

I felt the urge to cry but crying would only make me appear weak after what I had just told her. Men didn't cry, even if they wanted to right?

How can someone break up with someone so perfect? Someone so beautiful both inside and out. That was symple, I had to leave because I wasn't perfect. What Claire needed I couldn't give her.

I'd only bring her pain and regrets...

I then kissed her, internally breaking staring at how fragile she looked at this moment. I suppress my urge to break down and tell her how much she meant to me but why I had to leave.

What had she done to me? She controlled every emotion within me and affected them greatly.

"I really want to understand you Leon but I can't...I will Never understand you. How can you love someone then leave them?" She asked, blinking back tears. Tears caused by me.

"Claire it's not you, it's me" I told her as if that would explain everything. How much I wish it would explain every single thing to her.

Before I could touch her face she stood, crossing my arms. Pain shot through me as she hugged herself.

"What did I do wrong?" She asked staring at the wall as her voice cracked. I was tearing apart seeing her like this, I would have given her my gun to blow my head off.

I caused her so much pain...

Me saying I was the problem actually convinced her that she was the issue. She wasn't, she was fucking perfect.

"You didn't...I did. I'm never going to be the man who is going to put a ring on your finger Claire. What you want, I cannot give you" I stated and my throat burnt.

A lie, I had bought a ring just earlier, wanting to make her my wife. She would be a good one, I was the husband that would fail her.

"I understand, I'm sorry for everything. I should have never kissed you, we were actually better off being friends" she apologized and I stood.

Why was she apologizing? I was the one who was breaking her already fragile heart.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Claire, you made me a father. You were always there for me and just the same I intend to be there for my son" I told her. She crossed her arms, me wanting to cry so badly but again, men didn't cry.

"Just go" she whispered softly, nothing else heard but the sound of me leaving the room and more so her life. That's when she allowed the tears to fall, me pressing my face to the door before leaving.

Tears building in my eyes.

"Leon!" Chris yelled, shaking me from my flashback of the night when I broke his sister's heart.

"Your freaking us out, I thought you were staring at that young couple over there but you were actually staring at mid air" Jill stated and I looked to the look to the young couple making a face. That couple actually looked like two crack heads.

I then turned back my focus to Chris and Jill.

"I'm fine" I lied, ordering and drinking another burning drink.

"Leon you aren't working alone, we are here. We are your friends and we care about you. You can talk to us" Jill stated, Chris who stood next to me gave my shoulder a light squeeze.

I looked up at Jill. "What if when I get there it's too late and she's dead" I stated, removing something from my pocket and staring at it. Jill gasped, her hand covering her mouth.

"You...you were going to marry her?" Jill asked and my throat burnt, nodding as speaking would expose my broken voice.

"Wait hold up, hold the fuck up. If you were going to marry her why the fuck did you back out and leave her?" Chris asked, turning me to face him.

I recovered my voice, "Because I would only fuck that up. I'm damaged and my job doesn't exactly make space for marriage" I stated in my usually firm voice.

"Bullshit...you should have told her how you felt. You guys could have made this work together" Jill stated before looking to Chris and raised a finger.

"Put that fist down cause if you punch him I swear I'll shoot you. We are talking not fighting" Jill hissed and Chris reclined his fist.

And I thought I had a temper.

"You are right Jill I should have told her but I didn't" I stated as I tried to stop my vision from blurring.

"Look at me, we are finding that sick fuck and we are getting my sister back" Chris stated as he pulled me up, hugging me. I was stiff for a moment before returning the embrace.

My hand tightened on the small metal in my hand, my eyes closed as for the first time I cried. Not caring how weak I looked for doing so.

Hm, interesting don't you think?

Vote and comment please ;)