Chapter Thirty Seven - Not A Dream

😛😛😛Claire and Leon ☝☝☝

Claire's POV

Leon seemed shocked at my confession, the way he stilled in his position lead me wonder if he was still breathing. When his chest slowly rose and fell I relaxed knowing I had not sent him in some form of shock.

His reaction surprised me actually, when I told him my true intentions I did not expect him to show that he was taken a back.

What am I saying, I surely didn't expect him to be all smiles when I just made it clear that I wanted to shut everyone out of my life. As a bonus I did make it clear that I was willing to hand my son over to strangers.

What the hell was I even thinking?

It wasn't like that really, Daniel or my illusion of him rather plauged my mind constantly. I would see him every where and I would soon leave the impression that I required mental help.

Not that I thought I hadn't been leaving that impression already.

My baby would not be safe around me,Leon walking out on me only added fuel to the fire.

I thought that I needed to be left alone in order to fix myself. I thought I was actually doing something good by wanting to live alone until I could give my baby a different home.

Instead I gave Wesker the master opportunity; take the younger Redfield to get back at the older one. Very coincidental that the very moment I chose to live on my own I was kidnapped.

It makes me wonder if the guy tracks Chris's movements. It was as though the very day I was taking my stuff from my brother's house the shaded blond was on a high building peeking through binoculars.

If I didn't know better I would say maybe the Gothic blond actually has a crush on my brother.

Diverting my attention from that horrific thought I looked to Leon. Just like me he was thinking, I could see it in his eyes which seemed pretty distant. The silence was heavy and dense.

"I never said that to offend you Leon" I told him, Leon taking a deep breath before he spoke. Maybe I should have taken another approach in telling him the truth.

"It should offend me Claire..." He stated and I felt awful. Offence was not something I wanted to bring forth to the table.

"I'm a terrible person...I was willing to give my...our baby to a total stranger without you even knowing...I was so damn selfish to even think that" I stated bitterly, all my bitterness directed to me.

"You would have never done that Claire" Leon assured me and I gave him sad blue eyes.

"How would you even know what I would and would not do?" I asked sincerely, staring up at him from under my lashes.

"When you said you remember Racoon City you remember in pieces or in detailed sequences?" Leon asked.

I arched a brow not because I misinterpreted his question because I simply did not see it's relevance at the moment. He was asking if I remembered how we met or how if I remembered all the events of the city.

"Yes , from the start to the end" I told him and he showcased that that was his prefered answer based on his face expression.

"That night Sherry was a vulnerable ten year old girl in a police station infested with zombies among other things. You protected Sherry as though she was your very own daughter and you are the reason she's alive today. I said that to say this Claire, you are the most compassionate woman I know" he told me.

I stilled for a moment, never did I realize in this moment that Leon was the person who knew me more than I even knew myself. I couldn't give the baby away even if I wanted to.

I hugged Leon who was taken off gaurd for a moment before tightening the embrace. "Promise me you will never leave me again" I begged.

"I have no intentions driven in that direction, even if you shot me by accident" he told me and I gave a light chuckle.

Staring down at me Leon took my hands in his and when he lowered I stared in confusion. My confusion faded as soon as Leon positioned himself on one knee before me.

My breath settled in my throat as the area became dry. Was he going to do what I was thinking?

I felt as though one of my internal organ had fallen out, my breathing going faster that usual as my hearts skipped a few beats. He reached into his pockets, a small Velvet box being removed.

He looked to the red box in his hand before speaking.

"I know red is your favorite colour" he pointed out nervously and I replied equally nervous.

"I guess red goes beyond the name and hair" I joked nervously. Truth was I was forcing my knees to keep straight and apart.

"Will you marry me?" He asked as he stared up at me and I had to swallow to take away my throat's sudden dryness. Before me was the most beautiful ring a man could present a woman with.

"Before I answer that can you do something for me?" I asked shakily and Leon looked up at me with confused gray eyes.

"Please shoot me, not in the head but like in the arms, if I bleed I'll know this isn't one of my dreams" I explained his eyes asjusted to that statement for a moment.

I would say he was pleased at my confession of having dreams about this moment. My cheeks reddened.

"Why so drastic, usually it is a pinch that is requested?" He asked as he stared up at me. A pinch, he had no idea of how ineffective that would be.

"Stab me, shoot me...whatever it is it just do something to make it known that this isn't a dream...I have had,this one too my times" I confessed and Leon stood.

"I can do even better" he told me as he kissed me, my arms going around his neck so I could add my amount of passion to the kiss.

Breaking the kiss I stared up at Leon.

"My answer is yes, I will marry you" I told him as I pressed my lips to his once more. He then broke the kiss to place the ring on my finger.

"It's beautiful" I confessed, Leon kissing my forehead at that statement.

"Actually the ring is just pretty...you are beautiful Claire, both inside and out. You're the best thing that left that city" he told me and I looked at him shyly.

"I never knew you were good with words...are you sure I'm not dreaming?" I asked and he gave a slight chuckle.

"This is very much real Claire" he told me.

"You don't have to stab me hard but..." And he silenced me with a kiss.

"I love you but you can be very talkative" he told me truthfully and I gave him a stink face while he kissed me with a smirk.

Yayyyyyy 😀😀😀

Anybody else feeling happy about this moment?😊😊😊

Vote and comment guys 😊

Do gear up because there will be a book three guys 😊

👉🌟