Chapter Twenty Four- Wesker at last

Wesker and Claire ☝☝☝

Leon's POV

The place was quiet, too quiet. It was as though the tyrant was expecting us. "I don't like this" Jill mumbled as she looked around. Even though we had disabled all the cameras tension still remained in the air.

"He couldn't have known that we got in Jill" Chris assured her.

"This is Wesker we speak of" I assured him, my gun ready to shoot the first thing that moved.

Chris and I were just about to continue straight ahead when Jill grabbed our collars, tugging us backwards.

We gave her puzzled looks and she pointed for us to look ahead with her head.

"Look!" She exclaimed in a whisper as our eyes fell to the distance. I was right, with or without cameras he would know of our arrival.

Wesker was looking around for something, a frown on his face. He was searching for us and didn't seem quite pleased that we were here. It was when he was about to look in our direction we came to our senses rather than standing around like statues.

Chris and Jill hid behind the column on the left while I took the column on the right. Placing my gun upwards against my chest I glanced at Wesker.

"Wesker! What the hell is going on here?" At that voice I froze, Claire walking up to the tyrant who had his back to her. I could see his amber eyes going wide as he faced her.

A angry Claire staring at him. "You couldn't possibly think I'd stay locked up like a little canary now did you?" She asked with narrowed eyes.

She had escaped wherever he kept her? Why didn't she just run rather confronting him about it.

"Ah, miss Redfield...may I ask how is it you left that highly secured room?" He asked as Claire crossed her arms.

"Forget how I got out, I'm actually trying to forget it so I don't have to cringe...when are you going to start telling me the truth...when will you answer my questions?" She asked and Chris was about to make our presence known.

I gestured for him not to, something about this scenario puzzled me. Chris gave me a look as gritted his teeth, watching his younger sister and the tyrant converse.

"When will you stop asking such questions...you already know who I'm after" he stated as walked on, only for Claire to step infront him.

He stared down at her, his breathing slow and hard.

"Stand aside" he ordered and Claire remained there. Chris's hold on his gun thightened.

"I'll do anything but please...don't" she begged, her hands going to his chest.
My eyes narrowed, what is she doing?

Why is it Wesker allowing her to touch him? Not that I wanted him to toss her aside but I knew how Wesker was.

Then it happened, his lips claiming hers in a rough kiss, his hand going to the small of her back. What surprised me the most was the fact that she gave in, her eyes closed as she enjoyed everything he gave her, his hand fisting her hair roughly.

"You won't like what you see when you get to her...I must warn you" It was in this moment that Ada's words made sense. Claire had fallen for the guy...her actions proved this.

She was long over what went on between us. She had given up on me completely.

"Kennedy wait!" Chris yelled and before I could continue my journey Jill held onto me but I didn't face her.

"Jill, let go" I stated calmly, not able to describe the emotions running inside me.

"So you give up on her...just like that. We are a unit" Jill stated, my hands formed into fist. She had no idea how I was feeling right now.