Chapter Twenty Two- Under Water

Leon's POV

"Ada could direct us to a better location...this place smells like sweat, blood and salt water" Jill complained as she covered her nose.

She then hurled, washing her mouth with the last of her water, tossing the bottle aside.

"We could always swim Jill" Chris stated sarcastically as he helped Jill from the boat, his hands ensuring she didn't fall over the huge rocks as she made her way down

I followed, me sliding down the huge rocks to stand next Chris and Jill. Jill still had her nose covered, her free hand holding her gun.

"I've just ran a visual on your location, the entire island is infested with bio experiments" came Ingrid's voice as I stared at the screen before me, my fingers caressing the device.

"Thanks Hunnigan, keep me posted on the big things" I told her and she nodded.

"Roger" she stated as she ended the call, me placing the device back to my pocket as soon as we heard dragging footsteps. We raised our guns as growls of the need for blood full the air.

From all directions came various zombies, flesh hanging from their bodies with their heads positioned uncomfortably. These individuals once had a life...a family. Now these workers were nothing but puppets to Umbrella's toxins.

Jill frowned, firing at the approaching zombies. Chris and I did the same, the zombies heading towards their meal swiftly.

"No wonder why this place stinked" Jill remarked as she removed another gun, now forced to use two guns.

"Our aim is to get to the submarine, these things are irrelevant" Chris stated over his heavy gun shots.

"We still need to get rid of them if we want to get to the submarine" Jill stated as she fired as though her life depended on it. Well maybe it did.

"Head inside!" Chris yelled as Jill and I fired at a few zombies. Seeing that we were stuborn as usual Chris yelled again.

"Now, they'll just keep coming!" Chris yelled and in no time we were inside the facility. The three of us leaned against the metallic door, groaning as we tried to keep those blood thirsty puppets from getting in.

"There are two many...its like these things just keep getting stronger and stronger" Chris stated and Jill ceased her hold on the door, running over to a huge huge metallic pipe.

"Ugh..." She growled as she lifted the object, shoving it through the handles of the huge door, Chris and I panting as we could let the door go.

Jill too panted, holding her knees as she stared at the floor. Chris patted her back. "That's my girl" Chris stated as he gave Jill a hand.

"My back won't work after that one" Jill stated as she held onto her husband for support.

"It has to..." But Chris didn't get to finish as Jill jammed him with her elbow.

"Now would be the time for lights" I told the couple behind me as I placed the flashlight designed for head wear over my head.

Jill followed my movement and so did Chris even thought his gun already had a flashlight. Jill covered her nose as we walked on by taking cautious steps.

"Outside actually smell better than inside...what the hell happened in here?" Jill asked as we stepped over corpses.

I contacted Hunnigan, the device not leaving its position on my hip, me shooting a zombie that would have possibly bite my foot off.

"Careful...some of these things aren't dead" I warned as I waited for my call to be accepted. Jill halt, refrain from stepping over there corpse before her. She walked around instead.

"Leon" Hunnigan greeted, me shooting another not so dead corpse.

"Have you located the vessel?" I asked and her typing filled my ears before she spoke.

"Yes, I have. It is at the base of this building but there is no electricity in the facility...you'll have to take the stairs" she informed me and seeing the look on my face Jill spoke.

"What is it?"she asked.

"The submarine is below this building...we have to take the stairs" I stated as I headed in the direction of the stairs .

"What! Oh just great!" Jill stated as she fired at the zombies that now stood, Chris doing the same.

"Le...the...tied...only" Hunnigan tried to inform me on a shakey connection.

"Hunnigan you're breaking up!" I yelled as we descended the stairs as fast as possible with our guns still raised. Me leading the way with Jill and Chris following behind.

"Hunnigan!" I yelled only to hear the connection end completely. "Shit!" I growled, only to halt when water met my knees.

"The stairs are covered and these things are closing in" Jill stated and I looked to see the group of zombies behind Chris. I looked back to the dark water, taking a deep breath before diving in.

Jill followed, moving her hands and feet as she awaited Chris's entry. His entry coming along with dozens of flesh cravers who sank to the bottom of the water. Using our lights we swam downwards on limited air, the submarine in sight.

I landed on the entrance of the control panel, the door locked. Chris landed next to me, him shooting the passcode which led to the door being unlocked. We swam in, Chris bracing the door so that no more water would get in.

"Warning, unauthorized personnel in area six...Warning, unauthorized personnel in area six..." And the electronic female voice continued issuing warning as Jill worked her magic to activate the vessel.

"It won't move, too many vines are connected to it...a plant is growing around it" Jill announced and I removed my knife, looking to Chris who held the door.

"The door is made of glass and the water pressure is increasing, I don't think we have much time left" Chris groaned.

"I'm on it" I stated as I ran towards the submarine, cutting the vines that restricted the vessel's movements. What surprised me however was when the vine began moving, wrapping around my leg.

"Leon!" Jill stated and I cut the vines from my leg, Jill still crying in hysterics.

"Behind you!" Jill yelled and I turned to see a plant resembling a Venus Fly Trap. I fired, the plant spitting acidic substances at me.

I was quick however, the plant collapsing with an agonizing grian. I continued cutting the vines, Jill looking to Chris.

"Run!" She yelled and Chris who was groaning from holding the door ran after Jill, the glass breaking as water rushed in.

I was the first one in, Jill hopping down as I supported her while Chris did the same. The entrance was closed immediately, Chris taking control and moments later the submarine began moving.

Jill took a calm breath, leaning against the wall of the metallic underwater vessel. "We barely made it" Jill stated, her eyes closed.

A Leon chapter completed, mission accomplished.😆😆😆

The journey is not over guys, there are more chapters to come as the book is far from over.

Roger😊

Any oooooh thank you so much for taking the time out to support my book. See you all soon 😊😊😊

Vote and comment please😊👉🌟

Video ain't mine but for the lovely person who made it its wonderful that you did😊😊😊