Chapter Thirty Six- Truth Revealed

Claire and Leon ☝☝☝☝

Leon's POV

I blinked slowly, Claire who was resting on my chest was no longer there, the area that her head once was was now cold. I looked around finding the bed and room empty, she wasn't here.

She hadn't just left the bed, she left the in room entirety. Had I done something wrong? I had no idea.

Tossing the covers aside I stood, putting my socks and shoes on. I was already dressed from the waist down, the only thing bare was above my waist.

I made my way downstairs to find Claire in the kitchen, sipping red wine slowly. I watched her for a moment, sitll trying to figure out why she had left the bed without even attempting to make me aware.

She had her eyes glued to her phone, scrolling slowly with every sip she took. She wasn't very observant because I had been watching her for a couple minutes now and not once had she looked in my direction.

She was wearing my shirt but parts of her skin were still exposed due to a few buttons remaining undone, her back to me. I took cautious steps towards her, the phone I thought was hers was actually mine.

Interesting...

"Claire?" As soon as her name left my lips she placed the wine glass to the island, spinning to face me with her body blocking the glass. She was startled and shaken up based on what her actions depicted.

Taking her hand from her lips she swallowed the wine in her mouth, something going to the shirt pockets.

My phone.

"Leon?" She asked, surprised to find me awake as she ran her tongue over lips, tasting the wine present there. I was surprised to find her drinking and snooping through my phone actually.

How she got in it was what shocked me the most.

"You seemed surprised" I told her truthfully, taking steps closer. She took steps backwards, sliding the glass of wine against the island.

"Surprised? Why would I be surprised Leon?" She asked glancing behind her quickly.

"Your voice is shaking and your eyes can't meet mine. I would say you didn't expect me to be awake as yet?" I pointed out clearly. She paused for a moment before speaking.

"Well, not entirely...I didn't expect you to sleep forever" she told me and I took her off gaurd by kissing her.

The taste of wine lingered in her mouth, her hands raked my hair pulling me closer to her. I moved closer, taking my phone from the position she hid it, sliding it to my back pocket.

Taking her lower lip between my teeth I sucked on the its delicate softness, Claire approaving of that gesture with a moan. I broke the kiss, Claire staring up at me with questioning eyes.

"You are a terrible liar Claire, I have known you for too long to not know when you are lying" I told her truthfully, reaching for the wine glass behind her to take a sip.

She swallowed, watching my lips pressed to the glass as the red alcoholic substance made its entry to my mouth.

"I'm sorry...I just needed a drink that's all Leon" she told me as I handed the glass filled with red wine to her. Was the sex that bad that she had to resort to drinking?

"If you regret what happened..." And as expected Claire didn't let me finish. Ever since I met this girl she had always cut into my speeches. Something I got used to over time.

"No, it's nothing like that Leon" She told me as I leaned against the kitchen counter, Claire standing before me.

"It was enough to have you going through my phone Claire and drinking" I told her and she looked to the floor.

"I was only looking at your photos...never saw you as the selfie type" she told me as she looked up at me with a soft smile and honestly eyes.

"It appears you don't see me as human being Claire" at my honesty she laughed, a laughed I had missed hearing. I smiled internally, she would never understand how much that laugh could light up and entire room.

She meant the world to me.

"The way you snuck up on me earlier I'm wondering if you are an upgraded zombie Leon " she told me. I laughed, Claire staring up at me with stunned blue eyes before joining me in laughter.

As soon as our laughter ended, Claire placed the glass of wine elsewhere, looking at me.

"I remember Racoon City Leon" she told me and I caressed her cheek. Eventually she would remember that hellish nightmare, the monsters she faced in persuit of her brother.

No one who survived Racoon City could forget it.

"Claire ...", my soft attempt at comfort was over thrown however.

"No Leon, I remember everything...I remember who you are" she told me and I found my self ceasing respiratory actions. What?

She had remembered? Had she truly rembered everything Wesker tried so hard for her to forget.

"So you rember the night I walked out on you...that's explains the drinking" I added sadly and she stared at me in horror, a gesture indicating that I misunderstood everything she said.

Did I?

"Leon you had every right to leave me that night...I was loosing my mind" she told me and I took my hand from her cheek, that hand falling to my side.

"If anyone faced the things we did Claire they would loose their minds too" I told her honestly, ever since what occured in Racoon city I had never been the same. I expected nothing different from Claire.

It was okay for her to get scared...it was okay for her to have nightmares. I had them too.

"It wasn't the city Leon...it's what I did to Daniel...the fact that I dragged you into helping me...I'm disgusting" she stated as she gave me her back. I disagreed with her words, Claire had the purest soul I knew.

How could she hate herself for defending herself from an obsessed ex boyfriend who was willing rape her?

"Claire you were simply protecting yourself from harm" I comfort her, my hand going to her waist to pull her close to me.

"He would have made it out with us if I hadn't...I killed him" she stated sadly and I embraced her from behind, kissing her neck sweetly.

"Claire you are nothing but the boldess and kindest woman I know, you are not a murderer. He was already gone if he became the type of man that would force intercourse upon a woman without consent" I told her, Claire shifting in my arms so that she could face me.

"Leon...I have a confession to make" at her statement I stared down at her, waiting for her to issue this confession.

"The reason I told Chris I wanted my own apartment right after you left was because I..." Her eyes became saturated as she stared up at me.

"If Wesker hadn't kidnapped me that night I was going to give the baby away...I was going to run away..." She confessed and my lips parted slightly as my eyes widened.

What?

With everything Claire said the part that I found grabbing my attention was the fact that she wanted to disappear.

Well there goes my fellow readers.😀😀😀

I have been busy with graduation, so sorry for not giving my usual update of two or three chapters with a longer word count😢😢😢

As you know it will be hectic as its off to collage soon but don't worry I won't abandon the book😢😢

Love you all so much and see you in the next update😘😘😘😘

Vote and comment please 😚😚😆😆