Chapter Twenty- The Sea

Jill and Chris ☝☝☝

Leon's POV

"I hate sea travel" Jill complained as she reload her gun, her eyes cast to the floor of the large boat. So far her puking had ceased but somehow I knew she would be back at it again.

The smell of the sea bothered her greatly. I wasn't trill about salt water either but my case was nor as bad as Jill's.

Chris who was the one driving glanced at her, a small smile on his lips."You have nothing to worry about Jill, I've got things under control" he assured her as he controlled the boats movements slowly, his pride on a glow.

Jill looked at him, her gun giving the final click with her hand movement to indicate that the gun was loaded.
"I really don't know if that should comfort me or make me cringe Christopher" she stated, the smirk falling from Chris's face.

I'm assuming his pride fled also. He gave her a look, Jill shrugging innocently.

Lighting a cigarette I took healthy draws of the cigarette. All I could think of is Claire, my days and nights were consumed by her. Unanswered questions were swimming in my mind.

Was she okay ? Of course not, she was resting in the hand of the enemy.

Did Wesker hurt her in anyway or form? I could not know, he left us in the dark, leaving us right were he wants us. If Wesker caused harm I would not know until I saw her.If it was not too late that is.

Did she hate me for what I did? Of course she did, I did break her heart right after she was having the most traumatic moment of her life.

I looked around, the place was getting too dark to see anything clearly, grey clouds settling around us. Standing I went over to Chris, my gaze cast to the sky.

"I think we should call it a night, it's dark" I suggested and Chris looked around, observing the now dim atmosphere.

"We have to keep moving..." He insisted and I held his shoulder.

"You and Jill go ahead and get some rest, I should be able to monitor things out here" I said only to have Jill get up, Chris giving me a worried look.

"You are not super man Leon, there's no way we will allow you to stay out here alone... We are all shaken up about claire and you may need a little space, I understand that. You can't do this alone,we take turns" Jill stated her eyes insisting that I got the point she made.

"I'm not tired" I told her truthfully. As long as Claire was in danger I would never sleep. If I did I would only imagine the many torture she could be possibly facing.

"Leon we can't rest knowing you have been going days with little or no sleep" Chris told me and I saddened.

Sleeping was no longer a priority to me, getting Claire home safely was.

"Sleep never bothered me Chris, I'll be fine " I stated as I released smoke, Jill rushing to the side of the boat to empty her stomach.

"Damn this is exhausting" she groaned as she held her stomach, hurling again.

"Yes, it is" Chris stated as he pinched his nostril, earning a not so loving look from Jill. Thunder sounded, our gaze falling to the sky.

"Just great, a storm is what we need" Jill remarked as rain came moments after, the waves getting a bit rough.

"I guess Wesker isn't too thrilled about us coming" Chris stated as he removed his jacket to cover Jill.

"That's not funny Chris, the man already feels like a god I don't think he needs a ego boost" Jill stated before looking at me.

"You can't stay out here Leon, worst a storm is coming" she continued and I kept my gaze ahead.

"If we all stay indoors the sea could turn the vessel over..." I stated as I ignored the water running along my face, taking control of the vessel.

"Jill get inside, Leon and I will handle this" Chris stated as another thunder sounded.

"What?! There is no way you guys are staying out here while I sit in blankies" she insisted as the huge boat rocked. We all grabbed onto something.

Even though the boat was quite large it was still a cause of worry. The vessel was no ship.

"Jill for once just do as I say" Chris stated and as soon as I heard Jill frowning as she went indoors I sped the boat up.

"Let's hope this storm is minor and won't last forever...We have some pretty hungry sharks below us" Chris stated as the sea became rougher and rougher by the minute.

"Let's just prepare for the worst while we pray for the best Redfield" I stated while I made a face upon trying to make the boat move faster.

*****

"Leon..." at Jill's voice I opened my eyes, the heat of the sun falling on my face. I groaned, sitting up to take the food she was offering to me.

I had no memory of when I had fallen asleep. I guess those sleepless nights did catch upon me afterall.

"Where is Redfield?" I asked as she sat next to me, eating her meal.

"I threw him off into the sea" she told me, a small smirk tugging my lips at her remark and her eyes widened.

"I finally got him to smile,I was beginning to worry Kennedy" she told me as Chris appeared moments later, a warm meal in his hand as he sat.

"We have a couple hours on this thing before we arrive at the target" Chris stated as he took huge portions of the food into his mouth.

"How long do we really have Chris?" Jill asked as she placed her meal down, running over to one side of the boat to puke. I looked away and Chris continued eating as though it was nothing to him. Then again maybe it was.

"We have about eight hours on this thing, let's just hope we don't run into another storm" Chris remarked as he looked at his watch, Jill washing her mouth with bottle water.

"Eight hours of torture just great" she stated as she took her food up, taking it inside.

"I'm going to sleep for a while boys" Jill stated and Chris looked to me.

"You should get some sleep too Kennedy. Eventually your body will start asking for it" Chris told me, taking a sip of his hot beverage.

"I won't rest until Claire is safe Chris" I replied, my eyes fixed on the white clouds moving above us.

Well there goes your Leon chapter guys 😊

Vote and comment please👉🌟