Chapter Twenty Six- Be Her Strenght

Claire☝☝☝

Leon's POV

"Hold on baby, we are almost there" Jill told Chris who leaned on her for support while I held Claire bridal style. I kept my gaze ahead, not dating to look at Claire.

Its not that I didn't want to look at her, everything about her was something to look at. However I couldn't, if I looked into her eyes she would staring at a stranger. She had no memory of me, not once did she mention my name.

She refered to Chris and Jill pefectly, staring at me as though she was still trying to figure out who I was.

"A friend of my brother?" Came Claire's soft voice below me and something inside me shattered. Yes, I was indeed correct, she did not remember me.

She never would...I made a choice that after this, our paths would never cross again. Claire would be safe in the care of her brother, I had done enough damage.

She needed space to recover her shattered memories and I needed to take my mind away from what might have happened between Claire and Wesker. The intamacy they might have shared.

The truth behind what went on between the tyrant and the innocent red head was something that I would never know. In fact, maybe I was better off not knowing.

"Something like that" I stated softly as we were now at the aircraft, giving her a reply to her question of Chris and I being friends.

"You guys stay out here, I'll check if Wesker planted a bomb in this thing" Jill stated as she went in to check the small plane.

"Jill I don't think..."

"That he'd plant a bomb in the plane and watch us explode in mid air? I think he would" Jill stated as she raised her hand.

I set Claire to her feet, still supporting her weight with my body as she looked around. Her eyes then fell on me and I anticipated something.

Anticipated that she would somehow remember me. She didn't.

"Have we ever met before...My brain is all fuzzy but since you are a friend of my brother I'm just assuming..." Claire asked softly and my fist tightened but not for her to see. I looked at her for the first time, small bruses on her face as blue eyes stared up at me.

Her eyes were something you could get lost into. The kind of lost you would want to be.

"No" I lied, preventing Claire from finishing. A bit of hurt flashed across her face due to my sudden harshness. I slightly felt guilty.

I lied to protect myself from the pain I was already feeling. I lied because pretending as if we never met saved me the pain running through my chest.

Chris gave me a look, a look that said, 'I'm so sorry Leon'. He didnt need to be, I was the one who was sorry, I should have expressed my feelings to Claire clearly.

I should have never pushed her away from me.

"That's alright, I'm Claire, Chris over there is my older brother" she stated as she reach her not so bloody hand towards me. I shook it, my eyes fixed on hers as she gave the friendly smile I was used to.

"Leon S Kennedy" I told her, releasing her hand before things got awkward. Jill came back, her fist on her hips.

"Safe and sound guys but if you guys hear any funny sounds let us know" Jill stated as we entered the small plane. Jill and Chris were the pilots, Claire and I residing in the other section of the air craft.

As soon as the plane had left the building I received a call from Ingrid Hunnigan, me removing my cellphone to stare at the screen.

Our last communication was moments before we entered that submarine.

"Leon...thank goodness. You had me thinking we had lost you back there" she stated, adjusting her glasses.

"Something interfered with our communication line while obtaining that subarine, not sure what did" I told her, the brunette nodding to indicate that she understood.

"And the mission?" She asked and I glanced at Claire who was now sleeping. I looked back to my screen.

"Successful" I stated but somehow it didnt feel so successful at all. A part of me had failed...

*****

I stared at Claire who was curled on the seat of the plane in a fetal position, her head resting on her hands. There was so much I wanted to tell her, to ask her.

I wanted nothing more than to comfort her, apologize for what I did but I couldn't. She would never understand how much I truly cared about her. I was the stranger she had never met.

"You can kiss her you know, my sister is not a light sleeper" Chris stated as he sat next to me. I looked at him before staring at my hands. The thought was tempting but I couldn't.

"Jill sent you huh?" I asked, knowing Jill would want anyone to feel comfortable and needed.

I wasn't comfortable knowing what claire might have done or was forced to do at that facility because I was unable to protect her. I would never feel comfortable.

I didn't feel need either, Claire had found a new hero. That hero was the man that was known to be our ememy...hers too. It made me wonder, did Claire break because he was the only person she saw or did she really fall in love with him?

Or was he the one to fall in love with her?

"Actually Jill wanted to check on you but I told her I would" Chris stated, patting my back gently. With all that had happen I was a man. I had to get over this bitter sweet situation eventually, I really didnt need counseling.

"You didn't have to" I told him, Claire shiftimg in her sleep, mumbling something about 'don't hurt him'. She was probably reliving the nightmare od almost loosing her brother.

"Just give her time, she was able to remember Jill and I right? She will remember" Chris told me.

"Remember that I broke her heart? She is better off not knowing who I am Chris" I told him truthfully.

"Not so fast Kennedy, what went on between you two can be fixed. You both have a son to care for"Chris told me.

A son...how could I forget? I could not leave him behind, what kind of man would I be if I chose to disappear from my son's life.

"You do know that Claire fell in love with Wesker right? There is no reason for me to persue her" I added, looking up at chris from under my dirty blond hair. Chris pressed his lips to his teeth.

"Don't remind me about Wesker, for all we know he could have drugged her into doing so many things" he gritted out, his knuckles white due to the tight fist he made.

I didn't believe that, Claire's actions came off as willing. She really fell for him, the way she looked back when we were told to take her and leave.

The sad part was, I was still in love with her and it was not something I could get rid of. She would always plague my mind.

"Claire can stay with you, eventually she will release that the baby is yours. Leon my sister needs you, you are the only one who can help her remember who she really is. My sister had never stopped loving you...Wesker caught her at a weak moment, its time to strengthen her" Chris told my, my eyes falling on the sleeping woman oposite to us.

Maybe, just maybe Chris was right.

Tada! A Leon chapter for my amazing readers 😊😊

I feel so bad for him, do you guys think he will be able to help Claire find who she really is?

Please make me happy with a vote and comment, really appreciate it.

👉🌟

Jae💝💝💝