23- "I want you."

Hello guys. Check out my new cover edited by @chanel-no5 Thank you!                                            

                                                                 AYU

"Well, that was expected," Ashima giggled as she watched me getting uncomfortable.

Ever since I stepped foot in college after the fest, I've been swarmed by students, complimenting me about the performance that night. Of course I was over the moon about it. But it also felt embarrassing. Almost everyone's eyes were on me. The walk from the college gate to my classroom seemed like a long one. As Ashima and I were chatting while waiting for our teacher to come, I saw Jamie on the corridor, searching for someone. I rushed inside the classroom near to me and dragged Ashima along. 

"What?!" Ashima whisper shouted.

"Shh-" I hushed and she peeked outside. 

"Hi there, Ash," Jamie greeted, making his way towards her. Ashima stole a glance at me while I did something funny with my hands, signalling her not to mention about me. I quickly hid myself at the back of the last bench. She rolled her eyes before facing Jamie. 

"How long are you going to avoid him?" Ashima demanded after she talked to Jamie. She was still under the impression we were avoiding each other. Ah, what should I do? That scene kept running in my head. "I couldn't take my eyes off you. That's how amazing you were... You were the best, my sunshine."  

“Stop, Stop!” I shake my head.

"What stop?" Ashima asked clueless. Oops, I said that aloud. 

"Nothing, really,” I laughed weirdly then prepared myself to leave. “You were right, Ashima. I'll make up with him."

I spotted Jamie at the end of the corrider sighing to himself. He was looking cool as usual, that jerk. I tip-toed my way, facing his back and carefully raised my hands to cover his eyes.

"It's not so easy to find me, Mister James. Try harder next time," I whispered to his ear and smiled.

"Getting cocky, aren't you?" he said and removed my hands from his eyes. To my surprise, he took my hand and dragged me to a small space at the corner of the corridor. The dim sunshine reflected right ahead of us.

"What's the big hurry, hotshot?" I eyed him suspiciously. Instead, he just looked at me up and down, shamelessly checking me out. 

"How do you manage to look so good in everything you wear?" he tilted his head to one side.

"You-you don't need to flatter me. This is just my usual jeans and crop top."

"I'm not flattering, Ayu. I mean it, really," he said sincerely.

"Fine, I get it, I get it now!" I said, a furious blush creeping up my cheeks and he laughed. "Look, class is about to start. I'll catch you later," I said irritably and waved him goodbye but he got in my way stopping me.

"Please!" He got in my way and pleaded, making a puppy face.

"Alright, you've got two minutes."

"Yosh, so first of all. We need to talk," Jamie said like it was the simplest thing in the world. I knew this had to come sooner or later. But I was not prepared for this. After all that talk about being friends and not crossing the line, we did the exact opposite. I should have realized we were never meant to be just friends. “Which we'll do it later so I'll directly skip to the next step.”

“Next step?”

He rubbed his palms and let out a short breath. His nervousness was evident. Why? Then he opened the zip of his bag and took out something. I blinked once then twice to confirm when he held out a single red rose in front of me.