33- "Is it over?"

JAMIE

"Hey Jamie." I heard a female voice calling from a distance. I looked behind to see the owner of the voice.

"Oh! Hi Mansi and Bhawna." I greeted them formally. They were the juniors whom I've met during the Fresher's party in the clubhouse last year. They studied the same course as me so we would occasionally bump into each other.

"Haven't seen you in a while. How are you?" Mansi asked with a smile.

"Yeah you're right. Yes I'm fine as always." I lied.

"Uh Listen, are you free?"

"Yeah, I have my next class at eleven." I stated. I noticed them exchanging glances at each other. "Is something the matter?"

"Actually we need your help with some problems regarding Accounting and Management. We have a test after this but we couldn't get this part right." Bhawana said as she held the book in her hands and showed me the problem.

"Well I'm not sure if I'm the correct person who can answer this. I don't even remember half of it." I said, my eyes glued on the textbook, trying to remember. Surprisingly the chapter was starting to look familiar.

"But we don't know our way around with other seniors. We know you so we asked. Please help us out this time." they requested shooting a puppy eye look.

I sighed. I don't have anything better to do anyway and this will probably take my mind off things. "Fine. I'll try my best, but I'm no genius I'm telling you."

Afterwards.

"See we told you, didn't we? Although it took time but you were able to figure it out eventually. You're great. Thank you." Mansi said after I was done solving out their problems.

"You're welcome girls." I smiled and stood up from the bench.

"Jamie wait. Uh... you still have twenty minutes left. Come with us to the canteen. We'll treat you as a thanks for helping us out. Whatcha say?" Bhawna stood up and asked followed by Mansi.

"You don't need to return the favor. Besides, I'm not that hungry. Why don't you two go and chill out?" I said with a forced smile.

"Come on, you should be glad that you're getting free food." Bhawna beamed. 

"Yeah... just hang out a bit. It's been a long time anyway." Mansi requested and suddenly held my wrist making me uncomfortable. Well I don't mind getting free food but I'm not really in the mood for this. I was to open my mouth when I saw Ayu standing at a distance. She watched me with a face that showed.... disappointment. I immediately jerked my hand away from Mansi. When I looked back at Ayu, she was already going away.

"Fuck!" I swore out loud making them gasp. "S-sorry, I gotta go. See ya." I said quickly and ran towards her direction. She seems to have the worst timing ever.

"Wait Ayu." I called behind her but she didn't listen. So I walked in front of her only to find her eyes brimming with tears.

"Uh! No... why?" I stammered not being able to form my words. If only I could do something to wash off that miserable expression away.

"What's your problem? Go away." she sniffed while wiping her eyes.

"You misunderstood it. It wasn't what it looked like. I was only helping them out." I explained.

"Ha! While flirting at the same time." she gave a sarcastic laugh. "I don't care anyway."

"But I do. You keep on misunderstanding things. I didn't realized that you thought so little of me. At least trust me a little." I said, my voice pained. I was disappointed at her thinking about me like this. I know I made a mistake but still. Besides that incident I haven't been anything but loyal to her.