28- "I think, I'm in love."

Now this one is an exceptionally long chapter but I hope you enjoy it.

                                                                JAMIE

I breathe out air from my mouth, the moist air visible in front of my eyes as I rubbed my cold palms together. It was eleven in the morning but outside it looked like the sun had barely risen. The rickshaw where I was seated on pulled over the railway station and stopped at the mid way due to the traffic lying ahead.

"Dammit!" I cussed. I pulled out the money from my wallet and gave it to the rickshaw driver.

"You keep the change. I don't have time." I said in a hurry and ran off while dragging my travelling bag.

I ran across the platform until I spotted Ayu at a distance along with her own green luggage. She stood with her arms crossed and had a big frown on her face. Shit!

"You sure took your sweet time." she glared at me.

"Sorry. I got up late." I apologized. I observed her closely. She was wearing a purple full jacket with a cream scarf draped around her shoulders, brown jeans and a woolen cap on her head. Her dark brown hair fell on her shoulders ever so elegantly. My heart was starting to race at the mere sight of her and also because of what lies ahead.

Just then we heard an announcement made by the conductor that the train is about to leave in two minutes. We got inside the train quickly and settled down in our seats.

The train was heading to Kathogodam , which is several hours from here. From there, we will head towards Nainital, a famous hill station. We will stay there for two days and return to Delhi on Monday. Yes, I finally managed to win the bet but only after failing a few more times. We were supposed to go in January but we weren't able to find the right time. We found the chance when two of her room mates were planning to going on a trip with their friends so she lied to the land lady that she'll be going along with them. Also we have saved up enough money for this trip. It was the first week of February. Indeed it was a long road coming here and I'm sure it will be worth it.

We reached Kathogodam in the evening. The sun was setting in the midst of the mountains, its sunrays spread across the sky like a painting. We had a little evening snack after which we hired a taxi which will take us to Nainital.

"This place is so cool. It looks beautiful even at night. I've never seen something like this before." I said my eyes glued to the scenery outside. I saw the board that read the height as '4000 feet'. That's how high we were right now. The city below the mountains were glittering in the form of small lights and there were thousands of stars above as well.

"Is this your first time visiting a hill station?" Ayu asked surprised.

"I have seen a few mountains before. There aren't many hill stations in Australia so yeah this is my first time ever visiting one. What about you?" I asked still looking out from the window.

"Yeah a few times. I went to Shimla last year with my friends." She said in a low voice. Something is strange. I remember her being quite thrilled about coming here a few days ago. She couldn't stop talking about it and now she's suddenly being quiet. I turned my head and saw her holding her hand on her neck making an uneasy expression.

"Are you okay? You don't look quite good." I asked getting concerned.

"Ah! Don't worry. I just feel a bit sick that's all. Heights don't work for me too well." She said, her voice frail.

"Oh! Let me check. I might have an antibiotic or something," I said as I rummaged through the side pocket of my bag that was kept at the back seat of the car. Unfortunately, I could only find some mint toffees.