37- "Shattered."

*WARNING: This chapter contains bits of violence and swearing.                                                    

                                                          JAMIE

Raghav rubbed the injured sore jaw with his hand while groaning a little at the same time. He seemed to have recovered because he composed himself way too quickly. He looked at me, his eyes bulging with rage and his clenched fists all set to... Oh my God!

Shit, shit, shit, I gotta run for my life. RUN! "Well what do you expect? It's not like he'll worship you after hitting him so roughly." My conscience said.

I hate to admit it but I am a hopeless 'coward' when it comes to violent fights. I always avoided situations like that in the past. I was only able to hit Raghav out of rage. I remember once when Neal was beaten up by some of our senior guys in school and I, Akira and some others went to take revenge on them. My very best effort was when I threw a light punch on one of them. I smiled like an idiot for hitting him but when he counter attacked me, I got scared shitless and ran as far as I could before the he could strangle me to death.

"You bloody rascal, HOW DARE YOU?" Raghav barked taking a lurching step forward, snapping me out of my thoughts. My breathing was starting to get erratic and I took a few step backwards, preparing myself to run.

But I was too late.

Before I knew he had pounded his fists on my stomach, twice with such a force that made me spit from my mouth and my throat choked for air. I fell on my knees instantly and clutched my belly for life as I groaned helplessly. He is a lot stronger than I thought he was. Damn! It seriously hurt.

But no, he wasn't done yet. I felt a hand getting a firm grip on my hair as he pulled them a little, forcing me to look in his eyes that were shooting daggers at me. For once I blamed my hair for being long enough for him to pull them. I felt my body growing hot and tense. I was scared. My eyes were merely squinting due to the pain on my forehead. I gripped his wrist with my hands trying to push him away but no avail. "Arghh!" I cried when he lifted my head up more. 

"Don't you dare try to test my patience, brat. You have no idea who you're dealing with. You should be happy that I was being so humble to you before when I really shouldn't. Just look at you. You can't even lift a finger at me right now while I am very much capable of breaking every bone of your body. I took an awful lot of time coming here and had to waste my precious time on someone as useless as you. So do me a favor and listen to me quietly." He said in a commanding tone. He jerked me away finally letting go of me and I let out an exasperated breath.

Never did I felt so hopeless and humiliated before. He had wounded my very own ego and pride. Damn you! What a perfect way to ruin a perfect afternoon.

"You.. started... it all." I managed to say through my gritted teeth and stood up awkwardly. I staggered as I walked due to the throbbing pain in my stomach. I placed my hand on my head as I was starting to feel nauseous. Slowly, I made my way to the kitchen and poured some water on my glass. I drank the water and leaned myself against the wall, trying to catch my breath. I felt a bit relieved when I noticed him standing from a far. I didn't want him to notice my body that was shaking involuntarily. I can't let a person like him show my weakness. 'Breathe Jamie, yes now calm down. It's okay, its fine." I whispered to myself as I took in deep breaths. What the hell should I do? It's clear that I can't stand a chance against him, let alone fight him. Maybe I should run back to my room and lock myself, that way he wouldn't come back to me and then I can call Akira. Yeah that sounds like a plan, alright.

I took out my phone and was about to call when I saw Raghav walking towards my direction. "Don't you dare take a step closer." I warned pointing my finger to him. I was prepared to run to my bedroom in case he tried to.