47- "Let's celebrate."

AYU

I escorted my parents to the station. Surprisingly, they didn't informed or asked me anything about Jamie on the way. Thank God!

"Ayu." My father called me while standing on the compartment door and I turned around to face him. He looked a little disturbed. I guess it was too early to celebrate.

The driver blew his whistle which was cue for the train to depart. "Take care beta and don't wander around too much." My father said, smiling slightly and patted my head. "Okay?" He asked to confirm.

"Okay Papa. Happy journey." I smiled back, feeling loved. I waved goodbye to my Mom from their seat window and finally parted ways.

I returned to Lynda's house and encountered Jamie right away. For some reason, I was starting to get nervous with my ever growing curiosity. Even my stomach was feeling funny now.

"Good morning." I greeted with a half smile.

"Ah, good morning. So... You escorted your parents huh!?" He asked without looking my way.

I lowered my eyes. "Uh, yeah. They went home."

"I see." He said as he let out a sigh of relief. I stole a glance and observed how tired he seemed. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, his hair was messy and his eyes definitely looked like they needed some sleep.

"Dumbass." I muttered. "What were you thinking, confronting my parents like that?"

He took a moment to answer. "Yeah it was a little stupid, I know. Zen told me... Uh! Did you watch the entire thing?" He asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

"I wasn't there earlier but yeah, I saw the rest." I gave my honest answer.

"Really? Man, that's kind of embarrassing." He yawned. "But seriously, your father was so scary. If looks could kill then I would be gone by now. At one time, I really thought he would slap me. Is he often like that?" He complained.

"Oh shut up! Papa is only like that to people he doesn't like. He never loses his temper in front of our family. And what did you expect anyway? Garlands?" I frowned, placing my hands on my hips.

"Fine, I get it. Now don't you get mad at me too." He soothed me.

I snorted. "So, are you gonna tell me or not?" I asked the obvious.

His face suddenly grew serious as he looked at me. He took a step closer and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You'll have to wait for a little while. Tomorrow... I'll tell you everything you need to know, everything." He emphasized.

My eyes widened. "By everything you mean-" I trailed off meaning to ask about Raghav.

"Yes, that as well. Let's just enjoy our friend's wedding to the fullest. Today is her day." He smiled sheepishly.

"Alright, I'll wait but you better stick to your word." I said and noticed him rubbing his eyes. "I don't mean to pry but seriously, what were you doing yesterday?" I asked getting worried.

"I was outside. Nothing special for you to know... Urgh! There's so much noise in this house." He said annoyingly to the chattering of the people around us and covered his ears. Well, what does he expect? Today is exceptional. I let out a small laugh feeling bad for him.

"Now if you'll excuse me." He yawned again and went away.

Soon after Ashima arrived and we all got busy with Lynda for the preparation of her wedding. Jamie was already fast asleep in Lynda's room and slept till late afternoon. The whole day passed as quickly as it came.