3- "Damn! That was good."

Plz note: A few chapters in the beginning are in the present tense so I'm currently editing and converting them into past tense. Happy reading!                                                              

                                                                  JAMIE

"Remind me how the hell we ended up heeere?" Ayu grunted as she shifted her body against the seat uncomfortably. 

I was driving, when I felt the need to stop the car in the middle of the road feeling defeated.

"Noooo... don't ya stop here. I wanna go hooome," she whined. 

Yeah, she is drunk.

"Look Missy, I don't like to do this either. But first look over there," I pointed, and she followed my fingers to the end of the lane which led to the main road. "There is a check point and you can see a traffic policeman standing there. We'll be in big trouble if we cross this road right now. We'll surely be fined."

"But- but, why?" She said, making an innocent face.

"Isn't it obvious? We're d-r-u-n-k!" I said slowly and pushed my head back against my seat, closing my eyes. My mind began to process the events that led us here. I couldn't recall much though, because my head was still spinning.

Two hours earlier...

My friends and I had planned to have a blast at Kim's clubhouse to celebrate Sunny's birthday. It was a small but cozy clubhouse with a pool. 

I invited two of my friends. Vick invited two of his and others did the same, forming a chain. In a matter of minutes the small party turned into a huge gathering. There were so many people there, that I was having a hard time recognizing half of them. It shouldn't me surprise though. Sunny is the kind of guy everyone adored: handsome, intelligent and friendly with a unique sense of humor. He's ridiculously nice, so he was very popular among the first years. In addition to us boys, a lot of girls showed up as well.

Including Ayu.

Soon everyone was in the party mood. I mean really into it, since people are getting wasted. As for me, I was in the mood for absolute craziness and so was Ayu.

I had no idea how things turned out this way, but we challenged ourselves to a drinking contest. After roughly drinking four shots of wine, we both started talking and laughing loudly, slowly drawing attention of the guests to ourselves. It was unbelievable. I was losing control, when normally I would be stable against alcohol. I don't know what exactly came over us, but in the midst of it, I smashed some glasses and Ayu broke a bottle of wine. Huge loss for the barman I'd say. Sunny lended me his car and told us to go back home, since we obviously made the bartender angry. I felt bad about leaving Sunny by himself, but he assured us that it'll be alright.

And so this brought us back to the present.

"Argh!" I groaned, as I held my head with my hands. I couldn't go home even if I wanted to. But when I looked around, this wasn't so bad either. Getting stuck with Ayu in the backseat of this car with just the two of us. Its been almost a month since we met, and I only felt more attracted towards her.

Especially at the night of the fresher's party, I was so fucking close to feeling my lips on hers, right in the middle of a road. I couldn't help it. She was that mesmerizing to me.

Or maybe I was just getting desperate because I haven't dated any girl ever since I came to India. The last girl I dated, a long time ago was the gorgeous and independent type but I had to leave her since I knew I would be coming to India eventually. I'm not comfortable with long distance relationships. I prefer to enjoy my own free space while I was here so I tend to keep it that way... Atleast for a while longer.