Mally Part 2

{ Malenda Pov }

I laid in bed with my eyes wide open. I was startled awake due to a loud booming noise which I found out was thunder. August still lay sound asleep beside me. He was such a heavy sleeper and so were the kids well not Melonie. I was surprised she hadn't came running into the room. The thunder boomed again making me jump from fear, and I pulled the covers over my head hiding.

"Stop moving the covers Malenda." I heard August grumble. He grabbed the covers and pulled them from me leaving me with none as he turned over going back to sleep. I sat up grabbing the covers to pull them back, but August snatched them harder. I slapped him upside his head. August sat up looking at me.

"What?" I looked down and started playing with my nails so he couldn't see me laughing. When I realized I broke one of my nails, I was pissed. "You're such an asshole. You broke my nail. Look." I cut on the lamp and turned to August showing him my broken nail, and he slapped my hand away.

"I don't care. I'm trying to sleep, so stop pulling the damn covers." I looked at August sideways.

"I don't care. I'm trying to sleep so stop pulling covers." I mimicked August. How he gone tell me to stop pulling the covers when his ass is sleeping in my bed? "This ain't even your bed." I mumbled.

"Malenda calm down. Your hormones acting up. Just go back to sleep.'' I rolled my eyes and laid back down without any cover since August had it all. I was cold, but I wasn't going to tell him that. August chuckled putting some of the cover on me and tucking it under me. "Now goodnight."

I slid my phone from under my pillow when I heard a sound from it. It was a message from an unknown number. I was surprised when I realized the number was Christian's. Why would he be texting me? I opened the message and read it.

Hi 😊

I was confused, so I ain't bother texting him back. I locked my phone sliding it back under my pillow and just stared at the wall. I was bored and it was still raining. I slowly pulled the covers off of me and got out the bed and headed downstairs. I went into the kitchen to get some water then headed to the living room, but I quickly stopped when I heard something like glass break. I almost shit my pants. I reached in the drawer and grabbed a knife just to be safe, however I wasn't going to where I heard the noise come from. I ain't dumb. I quickly ran/walked back upstairs into my room and started shaking August.

"August someone is in the house." I whispered. August sat up being fully aware. I handed him the knife, and he told me to go in the kids' room and hide in the closet. I woke the kids, and we all hid in the closet. After a few minutes, I heard someone pulling on the door knob of the closet. I assumed it was August. When the door opened, I saw it was him along with someone else beside him more than likely holding a gun to his head. "Chr-Christian?" I couldn't believe this.

. . . .

"Malenda wake your troubled ass up." I opened my eyes seeing August standing over me. I groaned. Of course it was a bad dream. "You alright? You looked like you was having a bad dream."

"I was."

"Well daddy is here now, so no need to worry."

"August, get it together. Where are the kids?"

"My mom's house. We have a appointment you know." August said. I had totally forgot.

"What time is it?"

"Time to go to our appointment, now hurry your ass up Mally." I rolled my eyes.

"You know August, I think I know what we should name the baby."

"Whatchu got in mind?" He asked.

"Whatever you want to since you didn't get the chance last time."

"I don't know."

"How about Melvin?" I asked thinking he would like it. August looked at me and quickly shook his head.

"That would be too much for me. You know I'm sensitive, and I just ..." August trailed off looking into space then he just walked out the room. Okay, that's not what I expected.