Counseling.

outfits in the multimedia

Comment

Satuday, June 14 2014

{Malenda.}

"August can you please hurry up?"  I yelled from downstairs. I had been waiting for him to come downstairs for a good ten minutes now, and I was slightly getting annoyed because I didn't want to be late for our appointment. After our argument last night, we spoke again but more calmly the second time around. We made a deal which was if he attended counseling with me, then I would keep our child. "Aug-"  I stopped mid-sentence when he came into view. "Glad you finally decided to bless me with your presence." I said sarcastically. I reached for the doorknob but was stopped by August.

"I'd appreciate it if you'd go put on some clothes." I looked down at what I had on. I didn't see anything wrong with it, but August always seemed to have a problem with everything I wore. I huffed. "What's wrong with what I have on?" I asked.

August glared at me for a moment before he spoke again. "Here you go acting dumb again. Do I always have to redirect you? You're pregnant and wearing a half shirt. You're already a mother of two. Have some class for once."

"Oh okay."  I said. I honestly didn't have time for August's bickering today. He was only being rude to me because he was angry at me, and I was going to let him act out because today I didn't give a beep. He was only trying to push my buttons, but it wasn't working. I was going to remain calm all day today.

"So you're not going to change?"  He asked highly annoyed because I was being so calm about the situation even though he was throwing insults at me.

"No. I'm not even showing yet, so I'm not changing."  With that, I opened the door making my way to August's car. When I reached the car, his childish self wouldn't unlock the doors. He made me wait till' he approached the car, and I still had to wait to get in. He opened his side first with his key, got in, and closed the door. I waited for him to look at me through the window before finally hitting the unlock button. I  rolled my eyes when I opened the door and sat down.

.  .  .  .  .

"Mr. and Mrs. Alsina, please follow me." The receptionist said. We both got up following her to a room. She opened the door and signaled for us to step inside. Inside, their was a long blue couch to sit on and a woman standing by a black chair. 

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Alsina. I'm  Dr. Tanner. How are you two today?" She smiled holding out her hand for a handshake.

I smiled back returning the kind gesture and shaking her hand. "I'm fine. Thanks for asking."  I took a seat, and August shook her hand.

"I'm good, could be better. Oh and we're not married. Just call me August." August sat down beside me smirking. "And this is Karter." I laughed at how childish August was being. It was true I did hate when people called me Karter, but like I said  nothing was going to affect me today.

"I'd prefer Malenda please." I smiled, and Dr. Tanner nodded her head and took her seat grabbing her note book and pen. "So Malenda tell me what's the reason for the visit?" Dr. Tanner asked.

"Well August and I want-" August interrupted me in the middle of my sentence.

"She said Malenda, not August, so please speak for yourself."

I cleared my throat and spoke again. " August and I have two kids, soon to be three, and I want us to be able to communicate with one another and not argue so much. I want us to be friends not enemies."