The Break Up?

I woke up.
I want to talk to Shawn, but at the same time I'm heartbroken.
I love him, but everything is going to change.

I got up and automatically walked to Shawns room.

He was playing with his guitar, " can you talk right now?" He nodded his head.

I walked over and sat on his bed, " why?"
He rubbed his eyes, " why what?"
I asked again, " why Natalie?"
He leaned closer to me, " she reminded me of you before your mom died."
I was taking back, " so that's why you kissed her?"
He was quiet.
He asked me a question, " why Dylan?"
" what?"
He fired back, " you asked why Natalie, why Dylan?"
I was playing with my hands, " like you said, he reminded of you, but not fully. He had something unique about him and that's what  I liked."

" what was so unique about him?" He regretted asking that question.
" he was the only one who knew what I was going through."

I added, " you, Aaliyah and your mom were there for me, but you did not understand how much pain I was in, but when Dylan came back he did."

He was about to cry, " that's why you love him?"

" I love both of you."
He got mad, " no you don't because if you loved me you would not have fallen for Dylan."

" Shawn." I could not even get his name out of my mouth.

He held my hand, " Skylar you loved me, but your not in love with me."

" how do you know that?"
" I see that way you look at me. Skylar every time I saw you I fell more in love with you, but you did not feel the same."

He continued, " but now it's like I only get half of your attention and I don't want that."

" Shawn do you know what the difference is between of being in love and in love?"

He gave me a stare, " I can try to guess."
I told him, " being in love only lasts for a while, but I love lasts for ever and Shawn you were my first love, first kiss, first everything, but as soon as senior year is over we are going into different directions."

He could not even look me in my eyes, " why do we put each other through Hell?"

I held his hand tighter, " we have to get though the dangerous and hurtful parts before we can get to Paradise."

" what are you saying?" He asked.
" Shawn we been through the dangerous parts and we always got through it together, but maybe we should stop putting each other through Hell..."

He  caught on, " we should go on a break."
" As heart breaking as it sounds, maybe it's for the better."

" loving is something I could never do, because I had you." He cried.

" I love you and I'll never stop and what we had is not going to be gone forever... just for right now." I said. And I walked out crying.

Author notes: I know this was heartbreaking, and I'm sorry for that.
I have another story about the wonderful Shawn Mendes, " Because I had you" It would be amazing if you could check it out and leave comments! Thanks!