Aaliyah

Skylar's POV

My name is Skylar. I'm in high school (16 years old) and I babysit and tutor my neighbor: Aaliyah Mendes. Aaliyah is 10 years old so yes she needs some help with homework. Also I babysit her since her parents: Mrs. and Mr. Mendes are either at work and or holding down their house.

( it's Thursday afternoon, after school and i'm picking Aaliyah up right now)

I'm waiting outside for Aaliyah. I looked at her and she looked at me then came running up to me and said, " Hi Sky!" I laughed,took her backpack ( to carry) and said , " Hey Aaliyah! How was school?" While we were walking to my house she replied, " It was good but I do have Math home work to do. Do you have any homework Sky? I said, " yes but as soon as we get to mine house we are going to finish your Math then play. Deal?" Aaliyah smiled and nodded her head.

As soon as e got to my house we went inside, sat down at the kitchen table and helped Aaliyah with her homework. Around 30 mins of finishing her homework she asked if I could play games on my phone? I said, "yes" and handed it to her.

While I was trying to do the dishes she asked me, " Sky why do we go to our house after school?" I walked over to her and explained, " Your parents are at work until 6:30 and then they start cooking dinner for you and Shawn. That's when I walk you to our house and your parents get you ready for the night." She smiled and said, " ohhhh."

Then I turned on the T.V ( Girl Meets world and Zack and Cody) And told her in a hour I will be walking her back to her house. 45 mins past. I was trying to do my history homework while she was watching TV but I only got half done. At 6:50 I looked at the time and I helped her put her on her coat and I grabbed her backpack and we started to walk down the street to her house.

When we got to her house I knocked on her door and Mr. Mendes answered and invited me in. We walked into the kitchen where I saw Mrs. Mendes cooking and Shawn on his phone sitting at the table. I said, " hello Mrs. Mendes! Aaliyah finished all of her homework and I hope you don't mind she watched a episode of Girl Meets World." While Mrs. Mendes was string the rice in the pot she said, " Oh Sky you can call me Karen. As long She got all of her homework done she could watch T.V." I smiled. She added, " would you like to stay for dinner?" I said, " thank you but my mom is almost done making dinner right now and I have to go."

Aaliyah ran up to me and begged me to stay but I had to say I can't. While Mr. Mendes, Shawn and Aaliyah were geting ready to sit down for dinner Karen pulled me to the side and said, " Skylar you do not know how much Aaliyah loves you. She really likes school now and she loves when you hang out with her."

I smiled and replied, " well shes a amazing students and shes so much fun!" Karen added, " do you mind babysitting tomorrow night? Because Manny And I have work then we come home for hour and then go back to a work dinner meeting with our co workers, but I don't know how long it will last for." I said, " nope not at all. And if you don't have time to make dinner I will make it for Aaliyah and if Shawn is here I will make some for him. But right now My mother wants me home." Mrs. Mendes thanked me and walked me back into the kitchen.

Mrs. mendes sat down at the kitchen table and asked Shawn if he could walk me out? He walked me outside and right before I was about to leave Shawn asked me since i'm coming over tomorrow if I could help him with science since we have a test on onday? I said, " I will." I walked home, ate dinner, did the rest of my homework and went to bed.