School

Skylar's POV      ( it's Monday)

I woke up, got dressed, ( black and gray sweatshirt with black skinny jeans) ate and left for school. I was at my locker when Shawn came up to me and said, " hey Sky." I waved to him.  The bell rang so Shawn and I walked together to class. ( language arts) 

The school day went pretty normal but our last class ( social studies) went something like... Our teacher was picking partners for our project. It was on land forms. He kept calling out names: Kaley and Alex, Spencer and Jayden, Ethan and Emma and Skylar and Shawn. 

After we went met with our partners my teacher would tell us the landform we had to research. Shawn and I got the Canadian shield!

I was at my locker putting my books away when Shawn came up to me again and asked when we should start working on the project since its due this Friday. I explanied that we should work little by little everyday either at mine house or at his. He liked the idea. We were walking out together and he asked if I needed a ride home? I said I have to pick up Aaliyah but I come by around 6 so we can get some work don before you parents come home. He said, " okay"

I picked up Aaliyah from school and asked her if she had any home work tonight? She replied, " yeah Sky. I have art and math!" I said while we were walking to my house, " okay let's do math first." She nodded her head.

We got to my house and we started to work on her math. After Math she did half of her Art home work because I looked at my phone at it said 6:03pm and I had to start heading to Shawn's, so he got her backpack and we raced over to her house. I knocked on the door and Shawn let us in. 

Shawn and I talked about how tonight we were just going to research the basic of the Canadian sheild. I set up Aaliyah with color pencils to work on her art home work while Shawn and I talk about ours. 

Around 6:50 I got a text from Mrs. Mendes. 

Mrs. M: " Skylar i'm so sorry but do you mind staying with Aaliyah until 9? because that's when Manny and I should be home." 

Me: " sure. That's no problem. Also Shawn is here and I will see you later."

Mrs. M: " thank you so much!" 

I told Shawn about his mom, so we decide to take a break in home work and we were going to make dinner for Aaliyah. I went up to Aaliyah and she showed me what she drew ( a house with a family, her family) I said, " it looks beautiful! May I put this away in your backpack so it does not get ruined because we are going to eat dinner soon. "  I put her home work away and cleaned off the table.

While Shawn I were making chicken stripes and potato fries Aaliyah asked Shawn where was mom and dad and he said, " they are working late tonight but they will be here to kiss you good night!" We continued making dinner.

In the middle of dinner their parents walked in and hugged Aaliyah and Shawn. Karen pulled me into the family room to talk. She thanked me for making dinner for Aaliyah staying with her for a little longer. I said, " no problem Shawn and I were working on a project anyways."  ( I told her everything about the project) and I asked her If it is okay if I stay a little later then usually when you guys get home so Shawn and I could work? She said, " that's fine." 

Right when I was about to walk away she asked me one more favor, " Aaliyah has a play date on Wednesday since her friend's mom has to work late at the office that day and I told her about how much Aaliyah loves you,  so she was wondering if on Wednesday you could pick up both Aaliyah and her friend ( Mackenzie) then help them do home work. Around 7:30 i'm dropping her off at her house, " I said, " of course I will watch both of them. Plus it will be so much fun for Aaliyah!"

After my and Karen's talk I went home, did my home work and went to bed.