Hey, Im Dylan

Ding
Dong
Ding
Dong
I stood up from the couch and answered the door.
There was a tall, brown hair with brown eyes, muscular guy standing right in front of me. He was wearing black pants with a 3/4 sleeve, gray shirt.

" hello. Is this The Mendes house?" A sweet and cute voiced asked.

I opened the door wider, " yes it is. Please come inside." I said.
He walked inside with his black backpack on his shoulder.

" hello, I'm Dylan." He smiled.
I smiled back, " hello I'm Skylar. Mrs and mr. Mendes is not home right now, because of a work dinner, but I'm their neighbor, who's living with them."

He laughed, " Karen told me about you. And she told me everything good, nothing bad." Why was I blushing?

He set down his backpack.
" it's nice to to meet you Skylar." He walked into the kitchen
" like wise, Dylan." He opened the fridge.
He smiled, " I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Can I make something for you to eat?"
I grinned, " sure. That would be great." I said.

He pulled out a bag of pasta, tomato sauce and vegetables and put it on a hot pan.

He was cooking some pasta for us.
I went to the bathroom and when I came back he put a plate of pasta for me at my seat, along with a glass of water and a fork.

He was sitting across from me.

We both sat down and started to eat.
I took a bite,"this is amazing! You are a really good cook Dylan!"
He laughed, " well thank you, but all I did was put it on a flame."
I laughed.

We were eating dinner and taking.
" so Dylan, where do you live?"
He took a sip of water, " California."
I was  surprised, " that's cool. How old are you?
He answered quickly, " 18. And you Sky?"
I said, " 17. My birthday was a week ago."

He smiled his cute little smile, " happy late birthday." We both finished eating.

I took my plate and his plate to the sink.
I asked, " you play any sports?"
He laughed, " oh yeah. I play basket ball, football, baseball, track, soccer, but my favourite is lacrosse."

I face lit up, " wow, Shawn was right. He said you played a lot of sports."

He nodded. And walked over to sink, " here Sky, I can do dishes."
I shook my head, " it's fine Dylan. Just sit down and relax."
He bit his lip.

He asked, " what about you? Do you play any sports?"
I put all the dishes into the dish washer, " yeah. I play volleyball, basketball, track and dance, but I have always wanted to get into lacrosse."

I stuttered, " my mom, my mom was the captain of the girls lacrosse team in  high school."

He laughed, " that's awesome. Your mom was a pretty cool mom. I would love to talk to her about lacrosse some time." He smiled.

I put my hands in my pocket, " I would love to, too."
He was confused.
I finally told him, " my mom died a couple months ago." He was shocked.

Instead of just saying ' sorry', he hugged me and I could feel he could tell my pain.

We broke from our long hug, " Dylan, do you want me to show you your room right now?"
He picked up this backpack, " sure!"

We headed to my room.
" sorry. This is my room. There  was no other bed rooms, and I could not sleep in Shawn's."

I point to the big, queen size bed, " that's your bed." And the twin size bed on the floor was mine.

We set his bag down on his bed, " are you going to sleep right now?" He asked.
I laughed, " no, my stupid head, took a long nap today, so I'm staying up all night."
" I can go down stairs if you want to get some sleep." I said.

He licked his lips, " actually I would love to talk with you all night instead."

I could not stop smiling, " that would be kinda of fun."
He added, " I'm just going to change into some PJ's." Dylan said.
" that's a great idea." I commented.

I went to my dress, pulled out a blue t-shirt with black sweat pants.
I changed in the bathroom while Dylan was in my room.