Your Not the One

~ Thursday morning~
I got up, took an shower, got dressed ( gray Adidas sweatshirt with black leggings) and I went down stairs.

I saw my mom cooking eggs and toast, " yum mom, it looks delicious."
She laughed, " and it's already." She sipped her coffee, " I have two meetings to go to tonight, but I don't have a night shift, however I do tomorrow."
I ate my eggs, " okay. I was going to watch my friend try out for practice tonight, it's right after school. Can I still go?"
She kissed me on my forehead, " of course, just be back before 7."
I smiled and ate my toast.

After I ate, I put on my eyes and headed out for School.
When I was walking up to the school doors I heard a holler, " Sky, wait up!" I notice that Dallas was running up to me.
" Hey Dallas!"
He opened the school door for me, " here you go."
He walked me to my locker, " you still coming to cheer me on tonight?" He chuckled
I stood there frozen, " Dallas, what are you talking about? I have to babysit tonight!"
His smile turned into a frown, and he looked down at his feet.
" oh come on, Dally. It was just a joke."
The bell rang. He laughed, messed up my hair with his hand, and walked off to class.

At lunch, Dallas and I ate and talked. Here and there I would look away, and saw Shawn staring at us. It was kinda freaky. After lunch, I went to science and social studies.

When the bell rang for social studies I bolted out the door and ran down to the gym.

While I was waiting for the couch and the players go get ready, I looked around. I was the only girl there. That did not brother me, but seriously.

As soon as Dallas came out, my eyes were glued to him. He was amazing at dribbling. He pasted through 3 guys and still made a perfect lay up. He made 4, 3- point shots in a row. He was totally going to make it.

After him, was Shawn. He had some skills, with shooting and layups, but his dribble could use some work.
After tryouts, I waited for Dallas to change.
We were walking out the back doors
" you did amazing Dallas. You had the best layups."
He smiled, " thanks. We get the result back tomorrow, hopefully I make it!"
I winked at him, " you will trust me on that."
We got to his car. His black, shinny, car.
" can I give you a ride home, Sky?"
Before I could say " yes" Shawn came up behind me, " nah, I got her Dallas, but thanks for the offer." He smiled
I mouthed, what, with out saying any words.
Then I turned around to Dallas, " will you just give me 1 min." I smiled and pushed Shawn to the side.
" Shawn what are you doing!"
" Skylar, you should not be with him!"
" and why not?"
" he's not right for you."
" and let me guess you are."
Before he could say anything, I added more, " Shawn stop acting like we are a thing! We are and we will never be a couple. I only come to your house for Aaliyah, but you don't understand that. I only come over because of Aaliyah. Shawn I don't know your feelings towards me, and it's alright if you don't want to tell me, or if you don't have any, but stop pretending that we will be a couple. Now I'm going to go with Dallas. Stop worrying about me Shawn, I'm getting tired of it." I walked over to Dallas's car and got inside.

He drove off. I could not see Shawn's face, but he was still standing there, in the school's parking lot.

Dallas drove me home, and I tried to ignore any questions my mom had. I stay in my room reading, Rumble Fish, and I went to bed.

Tutor for Aaliyah MendesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara