What about Prom?

Monday morning.
I dreaded Monday's.
Not because I had to wake up early, I could deal with that, but having so much fun on weekends then back go boring old school.

I got dressed, packed my back pack then grabbed some waffles for breakfast.

Shawn and I were home alone since it was bring your child to work today, so Manny brought Aaliyah.

Shawn was eating some fruit, " Sky, are we a thing?"
I looked into his eyes, " do you want us to be?"
He looked down at his apple, " I don't want you to be with Dallas at all!"
I gave him a puppy dog look, " can we please just leave for school?"

Shawn said yes, and we got into his car.

When we got to school I tried To stay out of Dallas way. I ran to class, and got on with the day.

At lunch I sat where I always sat.
And Dallas knew exactly where that was.

" hey babe." Dallas sat down next to me.
I turned to Dallas, " don't call me that!"
He ate his sandwich, " and why not?"

I tried laying it down on him easy, " Dallas we are not a thing and we will never be one."
I added, " I like you... as a friend."

He stood up and pounded his fist on the table, " excuse me! Sky prom is less then a month away! We could have been a power couple!" He yelled.

Shawn and Matt came up behind him, " Dallas calm down, and eat your lunch somewhere else." Shawn demand.

Dallas pushed Matt off of him and walked off.

I thanked Shawn and Matt and walked off.

After school, I did not have to pick up Aaliyah. I decide to walk home.

I was walking down the street.
Honk!
Honk!
Honk!
" hey you need a ride." I knew who was driving the car, without even turning around.

" I'm good, but thanks Shawn." I said continued to walk.

He park his car in the middle of the street.
" Shawn what are you doing?" There were cars behind him waiting for him to move.

He laughed, "  I'm not moving until you get into the car."

I rolled my eyes, " come on Shawn. There are cars behind you!"

Beep!
Beep!
Beep!

" shawn!" I yelled
He smirked, " the choice is all up to you."
I smacked my head with my hand and got into Shawn's car.

" nice game Mendes."
He had a grin on his face, " I know. Works every time."
He drove us to his house.

I had a lot of math, so I sat down at there kitchen table and got started on it.

Later Shawn came and sat down at the table with a bowl full of grapes.
" you want some?" He asked.
" sure." I grabbed some.

After one lady problem, " finally done!" I said excitedly.
Shawn laughed.

" are you excited to see your mom?" Shawn asked
" yeah. I really am." I was putting my books back into my backpack.

Shawn's parents and Aaliyah came home.
Karen came inside and put down her purse down, " Sky, Your mother just texted me. She said that she was going to be home in 2-3 hours. Are you going to stay for dinner? If you are that would be wonderful."

I smiled, " no thank you though. I'm gonna go make something for my mom. I really appreciate you letting me stay here. You guys feel like my second family and I know my mom is greatful too."

Karen gave me a hug and I left.

I made spaghetti for dinner and made a plate for my mom and put it in the fridge.
It was 9:40 and she still wasn't home.

I tried calling her and calling her, but she wouldn't answer.

Around an hour later I heard the door bell.
I went down to answer it.
" umm hello Mrs Mendes. Come in." She walked in and we sat down in the family room.

" Skylar I'm so sorry. Your mom got into a brutal car crash and an hour ago she died. The doctors tried every thing to save her, but unfortunately they could not."

I wanted to scream, I wanted to do anything to bring her house, but I just cried and cried.

AUTHOR'S NOTES--------------------------
I'm very sorry, I know this chapter is really sad, but trust me it gets better.

Thank you for reading my story and for sharing your comments, I do read them.

And don't forget to check out my other story (s), Brother's Best Friend!