- trying too hard -

You've noticed lately that you and Finn have been seeing each other less and less and that when you do see each other it's rather boring.
It'll go something like this:

Finn will come home just in time for dinner. He'll come up and kiss you and then say "I'm starved" before sitting down to eat.

You'll ask him how his day was, he'll say "good," and the two of you won't talk for the rest of the meal.

He won't help clean up dishes, he'll just sit in the couch watching tv and eventually fall asleep. You try to cuddle him, but then he wakes up and moves to the bed to sleep.

It's awful. And you want to tell him that it's awful, but you really can't. Ever since filming began he's been like this.

(Yes I know ST films in Georgia but we're gonna pretend they don't for now lmao)

So today you're going to attempt to make things more interesting.

You spent all day on your hair and makeup to make yourself "prettier" so that Finn might pay more attention to you.

You also bought a sexy outfit at the shops today  and make Finn's favorite meal. Now you just wait for him to come home.

You get really excited when the door opens

"Hey, there's my sexy husband! Here, let me take your jacket for you babe. Oh and dinner is ready and it is your favorite dish, too." Finn looks at you kinda weird but he smiles and sits down to eat.

You roll your eyes. Guess you'll be returning the dress.

You sit down as well and Finn's already begun eating.

"So, how was your day love?" You ask.

"Good." He says, mouthful of food.

"Just good?"

He looks up again. "Yeah."

"Okay," You say, annoyed.

When he looks at you again you start to wink at him and blow him a kiss to get his attention. Unfortunately that didn't really work that well.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"What?"

"The makeup, the hair, the outfit, the weird talking and facial expressions?"

You give him a dirty look and get up out of your seat. "You know what just fucking forget it."

You leave and go upstairs to take your hair down and the makeup off. While you're at it you also change into your pajamas and stay watching tv upstairs.

Even when you tried making things better, they still just didn't quite work out.

A little bit later Finn comes upstairs. He sits next to you on the bed and starts to rub your thigh.

"What are you gonna fall asleep now?" You ask.

Finn pulls you close. "No, babe. I want you to know that you don't have to try so hard."

"But when I don't try things are just so boring and I don't know what to do!"

"It's okay. I know things have been boring. It's just because I'm so exhausted from being up at 5am to 6pm at night working all day."

"So how do we fix this then?" You ask.

Finn kisses you. "Filming ends in two weeks. Once that's over, I'm gonna make it all better, alright?"

You nod.

"Also, you don't need outlandish makeup and hair and a sexy outfit to be beautiful. You're already the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen." He says, laying you down and kissing you.

"You really think that?" You ask.

"I couldn't be more sure. Now, what do you say we cuddle for a while until we fall asleep?"

"I'd like that."

Finn smiles as he cuddles you for a long time before he falls asleep. When he falls asleep, you kiss him and lay your head on his chest to join him.

Things are better when you don't try so hard.