- the incident part 2 -

You open the door to the police station, Nick right behind you.

"Hey, y/n, I know you're mad. But-"

"Nick, I'm gonna let him have it. I have to. I will."

You march past the front desks and barge into the room that they were holding Jack in.

"You absolute piece of shit." You say, looking at Jack in handcuffs and with hardly any blood on his face.

"Nice to see you too, y/n." He says. "Oh, and Nick."

"So as much as I'd love for you to waste my time, I gotta know why you beat the shit out of Finn because he can barely speak. So since you feel fantastic please get talking."

"Flash me and I'll tell you." Jack says. Nick laughs in the background and you turn and give him the evil eye.

"Sorry. That wasn't funny." Nick says.

"Fine, jeez. It was a total coincidence. Finn was walking out of the studio and I ran into him because my talent agency is a few doors down. He was walking to his car and then he sees me and gives me the finger. So I go up and ask him what it's about and he starts calling me a piece of shit and so I punched him and I slammed his head against the car a few times. He only got one punch at me." Jack says, pointing to his bloody eye.

"I wish you went blind in that eye." You say, unbelievably angry.

"Yeah, well I'm going to jail. Finn isn't. So I'm not getting away with it or anything."

"Apologize." You say.

Jack scoffs. "No way."

"You beat my baby unconscious! I love him and he's hurt beyond means and can barely talk or move! Fucking apologize you piece of living shit!" You yell, very very loudly.

Nick grabs a hold of you and consoles you, refraining you from Jack at the same time.

"Fine, for fucks sake. I'm sorry, I guess."

You roll your eyes and leave the station with Nick.

As you're on the train back to the hospital, Nick reaches for your hand. But in a caring way, not a creepy one.

"Finn is so lucky to have a woman like you who cares so much. You're a great person, y/n. I owe you an ice cream when we get back to the hospital."

You smile. "Chocolate's my favorite."

You head straight for Finn's room once you get back to the hospital. They admitted him as a patient, so he has a regular room now.

You come in and you see Finn asleep while his mom runs her hands through his hair just like you do.

"Wanna take my place? I've been at this for a while." She says, smiling lightly.

You nod and take her place, watching Finn as he sleeps soundly.

After a few minutes, the doctor comes in. He says that Finn had some head trauma and stitches that needed to be done and an MRI to be safe. This was actually better news than you'd thought you would be getting.

Finn woke up shortly after and you explained to him what the doctor said.

"Where, where's Jack?" Finn asks, still a little drowsy.

"Jack's going to jail. He hurt you. I yelled at him for you." You say, laughing.

Finn smiles for the first time since the incident.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you more." You say, stroking his cheek and kissing him lightly.

"Looks like it's time for ice cream," Nick says, handing you a cone of chocolate soft serve.

"Thank you very much. It is quite appreciated." You say.

"No problem. Anything for my sister in law."

So it ended up well. Finn quickly recovered, and Jack got dragged all over social media once the story got out. With Jack out of the picture and Finn back to health, everything was going to be okay after all.