- adventuring -

(I know nothing about camping or the outdoors tbh so just bear with me please lmao)

It's been a while since you and Finn have gotten outdoors and had a day of adventure just the two of you.

There's a provincial park called Goldstream a couple hours away from Vancouver that you and Finn had looked at a few days ago.

You decided to take an overnight trip out there, kinda like camping except you just planned to sleep in the car.

You got together a lot of foods that you had prepared the night before and put them into the ice chest.

"Hey babe, I'm gonna start loading up the car, ok?" Finn says, hugging you from behind and kissing your cheek.

"Okay." You smile. "I'll be there in a second."

You take the ice chest and the car keys and meet Finn outside.

"Did you get the bags with our clothes too babe?" You ask Finn.

"Yup. I got the clothes, the sunscreen, water bottles, everything. We're all set. I'm excited."

"Me too. I can't wait."

You get in the car and Finn begins driving. You found a pamphlet all about Goldstream at the camping supply store the other day.

"This place looks beautiful. There's so many waterfalls and good hiking trails. And they have a giant salmon stream too."

"Wow. We should find a really good place to park so that we can sleep somewhere really extraordinary."

"Great idea."

Once the car ride was over, you and Finn immediately began hiking.

"You know, I'd take you adventuring all the time if I could see you wearing a sports bra and leggings every day." Finn says, holding your hand.

You laugh. "Yeah, like you don't ever see me wearing less than this."

"Oh, whatever." Finn joked.

The trail you took had some amazing waterfalls. Luckily, there was a picnic bench not too far from one. Perfect lunch spot.

"This looks so good babe. I'm gonna tear it up." Finn said, lunging at the food you made.

You laugh. "Wow, I didn't realize you were so cuckoo for sandwiches and fruit salad."

"I am when you make it." Finn says, mouth full and mustard from the sandwich on his face.

You wipe his face like he's two years old and go back to eating.

"I have never seen such a beautiful place." You say, gazing at the waterfall with Finn.

"I know. Hey, we should take a selfie here to remember it." He suggests.

"Yes!"

The two of you take the cutest pic ever, Finn's smile extending out to his cheeks and you looking at him in awe of his cuteness.

He was honestly distracting you from the beautiful nature around.

As the day went on, you went up the road about a mile and found the salmon creek. After taking pictures you explored the gift shops and met some cool people.

"Hey, we should buy one of these really warm blankets for tonight." Finn suggested.

You feel the blanket. It was indeed very warm.

"Oh my god, yes. We can't leave it behind."

You head back to the car to put the blanket back and find a nice secluded quiet place to park the car for the night.

Finn found a pretty parking spot up out looking one of the park's largest waterfalls.

You get out of the car and gasp in awe.

"Finn! It's perfect!" You run up and hug and kiss him. He picks you up bridal style and kisses you back, taking you back to the car.

He starts to kiss you up and down your neck, feeling your body.

"Hey, hey, Finn! Don't you think we should eat dinner and look at the stars and stuff first?" You say while smiling at him.

Finn gets red in the face. "Oh, right. Yeah. We should. Do that."

You laugh and kiss his cheek. "Don't worry, I'm not neglecting you. We've got all night. Remember, the new blanket and everything?"

"Of course. What'd you pack us for dinner?" He asks, sitting on the edge of the trunk.

"I made chicken salad and I bought French bread to go with it."

Finn snickers. "French bread with salad? Interesting pairing..."

"Hey, bread is filling! Salad is not. I only brought it because it travels well."

You eat at the front seat so you could look at the stars and the waterfall through the front windshield.

It's late, because you ate lunch a bit later and spent a lot of time hiking.

"Finn, I'm having a great time. This was a great idea. I love you."

"Anywhere we go, the fun just travels with us. I love you more. Thank you for being my little camping partner." He kisses you and then the two of you finish up dinner before heading to "bed" and "testing out" your new blanket ;)

It was definitely a trip to remember.