- sneaking around -

(Flashback to when you had first moved to Canada and lived in a college dorm)

Finn placed his hand in yours as the two of you lay in the grass by an isolated pond.

You're not naked, but your top is off, and Finn's pants are off.

The two of you breathe heavily but steadily after realizing what you had just done.

"This feels weird." You say.

"What does?" Finn asks, never taking his eyes off the sky.

"I don't know, just knowing that we did it, like, in public."

"Oh. Yeah. I guess it is kinda weird."

"More than kinda." You say, laughing a bit.

Finn just snickered.

"Finn?"

"Yeah, y/n?"

"Do you still love me?"

Finn doesn't answer right away. He sits up and let's go of your hand.

"Why do you ask that?"

Your heart drops a bit. "Just...cause."

"Cause why?"

You sigh in frustration. "I don't know. Lately, I just, this relationship doesn't feel romantic anymore."

"What do you mean? We just fucked in public? That's pretty hot and dangerous if you ask me."

"I said romantic, Finn. Not sexual. The relationship is clearly sexual. But we don't do cute couples things anymore. All we do is fuck." You say, trailing off a bit at the end and looking away.

"Y/n." Finn grabs your hand. "The reason things have been different is because I realize that it's time to take things to another level. And, I've just never had to do that before."

You look at his face. He's clearly flustered and nervous, so you reach out to stroke his cheek so that he feels more at ease.

"Finn, you know that I love you."

"I love you too."

"I know. But please understand that I'm not a girl full of huge expectations. I'm not high maintenance. I don't have a timeline where I expect something new every so often. I just wanted to make sure that we're still in love."

Finn leans in and kisses you.

"We're still in love, baby."

"I'm so glad."