Disclaimer: About why smut in these kind of books is wrong

( if you haven't read awkward pt. 1&2 you won't get it)

Hey y'all, so I know that in my last two chapters (awkward parts 1&2) there were some more heated elements. I just wanted to make it clear that no chapter will ever get more heated than that. Ever.

What I wrote wasn't so much detailed sexual events as much as it was implication. I would never write smut about Finn even if I age the characters up because Finn is indeed still! a! child! and ! that's ! wrong !!!!

If anything in this book were to be "sexual" it would most likely be similar to the last chapters I wrote because honestly I would feel uncomfortable writing a smut story involving a child (even though I am technically a child myself) Some people like to use their own age as an excuse to write smut about Finn or other celebrities around the same age. Example:

"Well I'm underage too so technically it's NOT wrong!"

Okay, well, technically, you'd be right. It's not legally wrong for you to write that if you are a child as well. But it's still cringey and disgusting and morally, exceptionally wrong.

Implying sex and detailed writing of sex are very different things. You can still imply that the characters of your book have a sex life without going into detail. It's a lot easier and a lot less wrong! If the people that you are writing about, however, are 18 or over, that's a totally different thing. Not what I'm talking about.

I just wanted to clear this up because I know that it's a recurring problem in the Stranger Things/ IT fandoms and I don't like it. I'm not gonna come out and criticize you if you do write that stuff, because frankly it's not my issue what you do and I'm sure there are LOTS of people that will come out and criticize you :)

This is just more about my opinion and what to expect and what not to expect from this book. This isn't meant to shame or hurt anyone and it surely isn't directed at anyone. Just a thought that I had recently after uploading those chapters. Love you all!! (Also we are so close to 15K I'm so so excited)

- finnsunshine 💗