- movin' out -

"That's all the boxes?" You ask as you throw the last box into the moving truck.

"That's it. We're all set." Finn says. "Did you lock up the place?"

"No, I'll go do that." You walk back up the steps and go inside the apartment for the last time. It's so weird.

Everything is empty. Your first chapter with Finn took place in this apartment. Some say you moved in together too early, but six months was enough for you and Finn to know.

It's weird seeing the living room where you first made out empty, and the bedroom where your days and nights with Finn took place, empty.

It's a feeling of loss, in a sense. But it's also a feeling of freshness. You know that the end of this chapter just means that a brand new and improved one is starting. 

So you turn back around, exit the apartment, and lock the door once and for all.

"Goodbye chapter one. I know chapter two will not disappoint." You feel weird talking to yourself, but it feels good to do it.

"Babe! You ready?" You hear Finn yell from the bottom of the steps.

You head down the steps and pull him in for a hug.

"We're actually doing this." You say.

"We are." Finn kisses your cheek and holds your hand. You walk to the moving truck and Finn opens your door.

The two of you get in and begin driving.

"Don't you think it's gonna feel weird not going to all the places we're used to?" You say, breaking the awkward silence.

"A little. But just think of all the new places we'll get to discover." Finn says, his eyes never leaving the road.

"I'm not good with new, Finn. You of all people know that."

"Well, yes. But some new is good."

"Of course it is. I mean, we get our own home in a hell of a nice neighborhood not far from town but not too close."

"Mhm. So, what bothers you about this kind of new?"

"It's just change. I'm not good with change. Any kind. It could be amazing change, like what we're doing. But any change is change." You pull out a stick of gum and chew it, throwing the wrapper on the floor.

"I get it, baby girl. But trust me. We are going to have the best life in our new home. I'll make sure of it. For you. Well, for us."

You look over and smile at Finn. "I love you."

"I love you more. We're getting kinda close to the house, I'm really really excited, y/n."

"So am I. Insanely excited."

After around ten more minutes of driving, you finally get to the house. The "sold" sign is still on the front lawn.

You and Finn get out of the truck and you open up the back.

"Hey, wait. Before you start unloading stuff. I gotta show you something, come here." Finn says, leading you to the lawn.

He holds both of your hands.

"Y/n, uh, do you remember yesterday? When we were fighting, and when I told you that I wanted to marry you?" Finn asks.

"Um, yeah." You say, nervous.

"Well, uh. I wasn't...I wasn't kidding." He gets on one knee and you just stand there, dumbfounded.

"Y/n, truth is, we are young. But our engagement can last as long as it needs to. I don't want to even walk inside that house with you without this ring on your finger. I want this to be real. Y/n y/l/n, will you marry me?" He asks, opening up the box he pulled from his jacket.

"Um, yeah, of course. Of course I will. Oh my god, I love you." You lean down and Finn puts the ring on your finger.

"This is definitely an Instagram worthy moment, yeah?" He asks, helping you up.

"Yes!"

The two of you take a selfie in front of the house and with your hand and engagement ring in the photo.

This was Finn's photo caption:

finnwolfhardofficial- So this beautiful human and I are moving into our very first house as an ENGAGED COUPLE!! I love you, @/y/IG/n. Always and forever. 💍❤️

The two of you share a long, passionate kiss before going to unlock the door to your home.

"Chapter two. Lets do this. Together."

(FYI this was not supposed to be the engagement chapter but it just HAPPENED & I LOVE IT TBH)