- distractions -

You were sat atop the couch, reading your favorite book to help steer away from your anxiety. Nothing apparent was triggering it, it was just present and there's not much you could do to fix it. But reading seems to help at least.

Finn was just on his phone, glancing at the television every few minutes or so. You wonder how bad teetering from cell phone to television could be for your eyesight. No wonder everyone wears glasses nowadays.

"Babe, I'm bored," Finn says, dragging the "r" in "bored" for over three seconds which tells you that Finn is truly, sensationally bored.

You keep the book open but lower it from being level with your eyes and forehead to being placed on your lap.

"You should pick up a liking for reading." You say as Finn groans and laughing at his response.

You keep reading and you feel Finn pick up your legs and place them on his lap. He proceeds to give you a foot rub which, although is nice, is also quite the distraction.

"Babe, stop. I'm trying to read." You sat with a soft tone of voice so that Finn knows you're not actually mad or irritated with his doings.

He abruptly pushes your legs back to where they were in attempt to make you pay attention to him. Knowing that's what he wanted, you ignored him.

It's not that you didn't want his affection. Of course you did, he's your boyfriend. You love him. But occasionally some time to yourself is nice.

"Can I at least cuddle you or something if you're gonna keep reading that stupid book for hours on end?"

You stifle a laugh. "Sure. Come here." You motion for him to cuddle up to you and he does so, resting his head on your right boob and wrapping his arms around your waist.

You go back to reading but are once again interrupted by your even though he was annoying you, adorable boyfriend.

He left tons of tiny kisses on the nape of your neck. Seductive piece of shit.

"Babe! Now is not the time. I love you, so so much but just fifteen more minutes, okay?"
You ask, looking him in the eyes.

His expression was kinda annoyed but he nods regardless.

"Fine. But after the fifteen minutes are up you're all mine."

"Deal. I love you." You kiss him and go back to your book while Finn cuddles you without distractions.