Chapter 23

It felt like everything around us dissapeared. It was only the two of us. No worries. No other shit.

And then he removed his lips.

"Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking" he mumbled and wanted to stand up but I pulled him down again and rested my head on his shoulder.

I looked at his hands. The goose bumps were gone. I looked at his tattoos. I wondered if they mean something or are just for fun. Wait. How did he even get tattoos when he's under 18?

"Luke?" I broke the long silence. Sun had already set and it was pretty dark.

"Yeah?" he looked me with his deep blue eyes.

"What are the meanings behind your tattoos if they even have meanings?" I asked him quietly.

"Oh these... Yeah, some of them do"

"Can you tell me?"

"You're too curious" he smiled.

"Are you gonna tell me or not?"

"Alright" he let out a small giggle.

"This one is for my dad who died because of the cancer" he pointed to a black gross tattoo on his wrist.

"Luke?" I was whispering this time.

"What?" he looked away but I saw his watery eyes.

"It's okay" I pulled him into a hug.

"You know, I used to live in Australia when I was younger. We moved here when I was 12. We moved here because everything there made my mother cry"

After few minutes of silence I spoke up.

"We should go home, it's getting really dark" I pulled him out of the hug.

"Yeah, you're right" he smiled slightly.

We climbed our way back and walked to the car and he took me home. The whole ride was silent. When we were finally in front of my house he walked me to my front door.

"Oh my god Luke! You had a band practice!" I shouted.

"Nah, our drummer, Ashton, had to go to his aunt's birthday party so no"

"Oh, okay... Seeya tomorrow at school then I guess..." I smiled.

"Yeah... Ummmm...." he kissed me with no warning.

"Luke" I slightly pulled him away.

"Sorry" he mumbled.

"No, you're standing on my foot" I chuckled.

"Right, sorry" he blushed and stepped off "Seeya! I'll text you"

I smiled and watched as he entered his car and drove away. I went inside.

Lights were off so I guess mom was asleep. I sneaked into my room and locked the door.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I washed the salty water off my body and hair and got out.

I dried my body and hair and put my half wet hair into a messy bun. I got dressed into a white loafy shirt and my light grey pj pants.

I jumped on my bed and checked my phone. It didn't work. Well... No wonder... It was in my pocket when I fell into the water.

I just put my phone on the nightstand and hoped it could magically work again in the morning.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but I couldn't. I can't believe Luke fucking Hemmings kissed me... I shouldn't have let him do that. If Amy gets to know it she'll rip my head off.

Ugh... I feel so guilty now...

____________________________

I woke up to my mom yelling behind my door.

"Bella! Wake up! You're gonna be late for school!"

Then I remembered that I don't have an alarm because my phone is broken.

"Yeaaaah, I'm up!" I groaned and managed myself to get up.

I checked my phone, just in case, but it still didn't work so I tossed it on my bed and went to brush my teeth.

I got dressed and went to the kitchen where my mom was reading a magazine as usual.

"So where were you last night?" she asked, keeping her eyes on  the magazine.

"Out with a friend" I mumbled and poured myself some cereal.

"Which friend?"

"Ummm... The one who teached me math... If you remember" I started eating.

"No, I can't remember but I'm clad you've found some friends"

"Oh and one more thing... I broke my phone" I looked at my lap.

"But I just bought you a new phone"

"Yea, I know" I mumbled.

"Alright, you'll get a new one but no more going out all night" she put her magazine on the kitchen table and left the room.

____________________________