Chapter 32

I didn't go to school that day. I didn't go to school the whole week. I just didn't feel like it and mom didn't do anything about it. She took away my phone so I couldn't call dad. Yeah...

On the monday I woke up from another uneasy sleep just to feel sad for myself again. I was sick of staring at the wall so I decided to go to school.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY TEXT I WAS WORRIED, is everything alright you look like you haven't slept since last year" Josy poured me over with hugs when I saw her. I told her the whole thing about mom and how she took my phone away.

"That's awful, I'm so sorry about this" she pulled me into another hug.

Music class was the first today. I sat down at my usual spot. Luke wasn't there yet, thank god. I tried to pay attention in the class but my ming kept wanderin around my dad.

Suddenly the class door fell open and Luke stepped in, as usually on mondays. He looked almost just as tired as I did.

"Hi" he mumbled as he sat down next to me.

"Hi" I answered without looking at him.

"How are you?" he quietly asked as he tried to get his books out of his backpack.

"I'm fine, why?" I still didn't give him a look.

"The way you left from the lake house and I haven't seen you for days" he had now fully turned his body to face me.

"I didn't feel well that day and I haven't been to school because I had some trouble with my mom." I was pretending to listen to the teacher.

"Why can't you look me in the eyes" he put his hand on my shoulder.

"If you two have thing to sort out, please leave the class, I'm trying to teach here" luckily mrs. Shon interrupted.

We didn't speak a word until the end of the class.

"Can we have a word after school?" Luke said with a tired tone in his voice.

"Yeah, sure" I said ignoring his face with my eyes and left the classroom.

***

I was casually having a lunch with Josy at the same cafeteria we usually do when Ricky stormed in. It was the last thing I needed that day to be honest.

He was holing a big white envelope and was stepping towards us.

"Bella, I have something to confess" he sat down in a booth next to me.

"Get away from her" Josy hissed.

"Can you please leave us to talk alone for a minute? Just one minute" said Ricky and Josy sent him a deathly look.

"Alright, it's okay Josy, I can deal with him"

"I'll be right there" she pointed at a dark haired guy at the other side of the cafeteria and left.

"What do you need?" I snapped.

"As said, I have something to confess" he sighed "Do you know Luke Hemmings?"

"Yeah, what's with him?"

"He paid me. He paid me to go on dates with you, to hit you, to play a douche, I'm so sorry, I didn't actually mean any harm. I was just really in nedd for money, you know... My dad refused to give me pocket money because I didn't get all A's last term. I'm very sorry... Truly..." he looked into my eyes and then down as he was really ashamed of his dares.

"What are you talking about?" my heart started racing, what was going on?

"He paid me to hurt you so he could play a prince Charming and heal your heart and then sleep with you and toss you away. He just wanted to play woth you. He's already hooking up with other girls." he handed me the white envelope he was holding.

"No, we're friends, we're nothing like that" I was afraid to see what could hide in that envelope.

"That's what he makes all the girls think. Then he starts pouring them over with kisses at first, then leads stuff to another level and finally throws you away like a used tissue. Open up the envelope" he insisted.

That's what I did and I found a rather unpleasant looking pictures in there. There was Luke making out with Amy. Amy out of everyone.