Chapter 34

"Why would you do something like that!? You're so stupid, Bella, I thought I'd lost you" he tightened his grip around me as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

And there we sat in my bathtub with a boy who'd just shattered my heart and yet still managed to save my life. We both cried, he because he thought I was going to die and I because I didn't die.

After a few hours we got out of the bathtub and I wrapped us both in towels. I felt so stupid for almost killing myself.

"Why did you come here?" I asked after a long moment of silence.

"Because you didn't leave me a joice" he said "You promised to have a word with me after your classes."

"Well, I got some interesting information about you" I suddenly remembered all the rubbish that had happened earlier today.

"Like what" he was curious to know.

"You paid Ricky to hurt me so you could use me at the moment when I'm the weakest" a single tear dropped on my lap as I sat on the bed.

"What, no, don't cry! Who the hell even told you that!? It's not true! Bella, you have to believe me! It's not true" he cried.

"How do I know? You used Amy too, didn't you? Calum was right, you really are an asshole sometimes. Ricky showed me pictures of you making out with her, I saw Amy crying because of you" I said, wishing I didn't have to admit it.

"Bella, it was all an act" he said and told me how Amy had kissed him in the lake house and how Ricky was right next to the to snap a picture "That's actually what I wanted to tell you after the classes"

Now I felt even more stupid than before. Why on earth did I even consider believing Ricky?

"I'm sorry, I'm an idiot" I sighed and he placed his strong warm arms around me.

"Calum told me about the talk you two had, I'm sorry I couldn't be a better friend or whatever we are. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough to make you trust me" he closed his eyes and hid his face in the crook of my neck "but promise you'll never do anything like this again"

"It's okay, I promise" I whispered to him.

***

Luke and I had fallen asleep on my bed. I woke up to my mom's voice yelling that she's home.

"Luke. Luke!" I shaked him gently to wake him up.

"What?" he whined with a raspy sleepy voice.

"My mom's home, you gotta go or we're both dead"

And off he went, out of the window, after a quick hug. I hid the half empty bottle of wine under my bed and went downstairs.

"I didn't call you to come here" mom said, noticably annoyed.

"I just came to grab a snack" I said, not wanting to make her mad.

"Well, I'll tell you when the dinner's ready, go back upstairs, I don't wish to deal with you right now" she shooed me off with an uncaring look on her face.

She didn't know what had happened few hours earlier. She didn't know anything about me. She never bothered to even ask how I'm doing.

I just headed back to my room and waited for another day to end.

__________________________________

Guys, I just wanted to let you know that next chapter will be the last chapter of this story. I really hope you like the ending and who knows, maybe I'll even make a sequel to this book one day :)

Thanks for all your votes and all the support! It has given me a lot of motivation :)