Chapter 9

I heard the doorbell ring and I hurried to open it.

"Mom I'm going out" I yelled and openet the door.

"Hey" Luke smiled.

"Hi" I said shily.

We moved to his car. It was red and looked pretty old. We sat in the car.

"Is it your car?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why?" he answered.

"I was just wondering" I said.

"Yeah it's a junk, I know..." he smiled.

An akward kind of silence took over. I wanted to say something but nothing popped up in my mind.

_____________________________

We were finally there. Lukes home was small but very cozy.

"You can sit there while I get the books and stuff" he said as he pointed at a big beige coach in the living room. I sat down and waited for Luke to come.

He finally came back with some paper and stuff and sat next to me.

"So, where do we start?" he asked while going through the pages of a book with green cover.

"You choose... I don't know anything about math..."

"How about this?" he opened an other book and pointed on a picture of a triangle with a lot of letters and stuff on it. I looked it for a several seconds.

"Yeah, that's... Cool" I smiled nervously.

He started talking about something but I couldn't really pay attention. I watched how his lips moved as he tried to explain me something. He stopped.

"Bella...?"

"...Yeah...?"

"You were staring..." he said.

"I... Wasn't staring... I just... Nevermind, keep talking" I said very akwardly.

"Alright" he smiled. He gave me a pencil.

"Try to do this" he pointed at an exercise kind of thing in a book. I looked at the paper for few seconds and started writing.

When I was done I put the pencil down and handed the paper to Luke. He let out a small laugh.

"Bella, that's completely wrong. Were you even listening when I was trying to explain you?" he put the paper down and closed the book.

"Ofcource I was listening" I looked at my hands which were folded on my lap.

"You totally weren't" he laughed and stood up from the couch.

"That's it for today" he smiled and pulled me up aswell. His touch sent chills down my body.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked after few seconds of silence. What just happened was strange.

"Yeah... I'm good" I tried to smile.

"Are you hungry or do you wanna go home?" he asked.

"I have to go home for the dinner time, could you drive me?"

"Yeah, sure" he smiled. I could see a little dissapointment in his eyes.

_____________________________

"Seeya soon!" I said as I hopped out of the car.

"Bye!" he shouted and gave me a small wave.

I entered my house. I couldn't find mom anywhere. She must have gone to shop. I looked at the clock. 6.58. Dinner should be ready already. I grabbed an apple and went up to my room. I checked my phone: 2 missed calls and 6 text messages. One call from mother and another from Ricky, all texts from Ricky:

"Wanna do something today?"

"Why aren't you answering?"

"Babe?"

"Alright, I'll call you later"

Babe? I texted him back.

"Sorry I had to learn math"

"Oh, it's okay :)"

I heard the front door open and run downstairs.

"Hey mom!" I shouted.

"Hello..." she said quietly.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, fine" she said and moved to the kitchen. I went back to my room and checked the phone again. 2 new messages from Ricky:

"I was wondering if you'd like to come over tonight?"

"I mean like watch movies..."

"Yea wy not" I replied.

______________________