CHAPTER 34 - STANDSTILL

Start from the beginning

And he remembered Zoya saying something about her phone, and he was about to move ahead, right when a nurse came and handed him a few things,as she said - "heres her phone, and her ring...", and before Arnav could ask anything , she had rushed back and drawn the curtains back.

Asad watched in shock,as he saw the Nurse place the ring he had placed on Zoya's finger , into Arnav's hand, and the sight,it butchered his heart because it was smeared with her blood.

He couldn't move,he couldn't get himself to react at all,because that was Zoya the love of his life, who had just been in a terrible accident, and his sister, his little sister, was held captive within arms of a criminal.

It was only when he saw Arnav walk upto him and he placed his hand on his shoulder as he gave him the ring,and he felt his hand move forward to take it and his fingers rolled around it in deep anguish and he heard him say - "Asad, you need to react, she will be fine, she's in the best hands, dont worry....I just heard them send out a message to Dr Arvind, he will be here...he will take care..."

Asad nodded,and right then he saw Dr Arvind rush in to the emergency ward, he was the HOD of emergency,and he nodded at the two of them briefly and instructed them to wait outside and he joined the rest of the doctors.

Asad walked alongside Arnav,outside, and then finally as it all started to sink in, he banged his fist into the wall,in distress,and then he looked at Arnav as he asked - " did you hear her?? did I hear her right?? did she say that Arhaan, the man i just engaged my sister too, he is Farhaan, the murderer, who killed...",and he paused,and then banged his fist again in the wall as he said - "but I looked in, i checked his background,i enquired from his real estate associates, i had his entire social media checked into, what did i miss, but i surely did miss something,how could I be so damm careless, this is all my freaking fault, all my fault....we need to get to her....and now...but Zoya....needs me too"

Arnav looked at his distraught face and all he wanted to do was get to Khushi,too as soon as he could, and yes he had to be here for Zoya too,and he tried to hide the turmoil that was ruling him,tearing everything inside of him in fear, right when he saw his sister,jiju,Akash and Payal walk towards them hurriedly,as he heard her ask - "Chotte, Dr Arvind told me before he rushed, is it true?? is it Zoya who was in the accident?? how is she?? where is she????"

Arnav held his sister by the shoulder as he said - "yes di, and we saw her, and they are looking in, dont worry she's in the best place she could be, she will be fine...."

Shyam held his wife shoulder - "lets be patient, alright..."

Akash noticed Asad punch his fist into the wall again,and right then Asad turned to Arnav - "she mentioned her phone right??? you have it..."

Arnav ignored everyones confused expression,and he nodded and he said - "the screens cracked, but I'm sure it'll work...",and then he gestured for everyone to join him in the secluded corner...as he switched on her phone, and he remembered Zoya saying something like proof, which meant either a video recording or a audio recording was what she had, he checked in for videos, but he didn't find any, and then he checked in for audios,and then he found it.

He looked at Asad as he said - " i got it..."

Asad said in panic - "play it, I need to know what Im in for, I probably dont have much time...i have to reach Khushi, before that...."

Anjali looked from Arnav to Asad as she asked - "Khushi?? what happened to Khushi??"

Arnav looked at his sister in the eye, and then at his brother Akash, because he was sure they would catch the pain the emotion that he was trying to hide in his voice - " Arhaan, he isn't who we thought he was, he is Farhaan, Firoz's son, the one who....and he has Khushi...Zoya said something about how she helped her escape"