Chapter 31 - THE TRILLION BROKEN PEICES OF MY HEART

CHAPTER 31

THE TRILLION BROKEN PEICES OF MY HEART

I broke your heart,

I broke Mine too.

I know, I tore everything apart.

Everything that tied us.

We have a wound,a scar that runs so deep,

Only you can fix it,

Only you can help me heal.

For I have no clue what to do or say anymore

I have no idea how to fix this.

You will help me will you??

You will give another chance wont you??

Or will I be left with just the Trillion Broken pieces of My heart??

............

Barkat - 11.00 PM

Khushi stepped out of the washroom,and she saw her mother adjusting herself in the bed,and she heard her say- " Khushi, cmon in, lets go to sleep..."

Khushi smiled as she said picking up her medical file from the side table- " yes ammi, just let me put your file away, why did you take it out anyway??"

Dilshaad smiled - "well, just to recheck foe how many days am i to continue with the medicines, anyway you can put it back in that cabinet, all my files are there..."

Khushi nodded, and she opened the cabinet and put the file inside, and while she was adjusting it she dropped, a few other files, she quickly started picking up the files when she saw that one file was names - " Ammi's Cardio Records", of course the name suggested that her bhaijaan had all their mothers media records filed systematically, but what caught her eye was the name of this one, Cardio Records, she didn't know that her mother had any heart problems, maybe this file had some general check up details from time to time, and she started to put it away, but the curiosity got the better of her as she opened it, and as she scanned the pages, and the papers and the discharge summaries, she was in shock, because she realised there was a lot she hadn't known,and she closed the file, as her mind started to get jitters and she walked back to the bed and sat next to her mother and held her hand as she asked softly - " why didn't you or bhaijaan ever tell me that you'v had an heart attack in the past ammi???"

Dilshaad looked at her daughter surprised and the hurt in her eyes was evident and she brushed her hair softly as she asked - " did you spot my file??"

Khushi nodded,as tears filled her eyes.

Dilshaas asked softly - " did you notice the date and the year, Khushi??"

Khushi nodded,and she heard her mother say - " you were so small back then, Khushi, and so much had happened already, your little mind had , had too much to cope up with already, and then over years i took really good care, you know Asad made sure of that, and look at me, I'm as fit as anyone else..."

Khushi rolled her eyes as she said - " yeah right...you do remember you spent a night at the hospital not very long ago..."

Dilshaad gave her a small smile as she said - " well thats just a minor issue, doesn't matter....ok...come lets go to sleep..."

Khushi didn't move as she asked - " what happened??i mean, how did you???"

Dilshaad sighed, maybe it was time to share these deep hidden feelings with her daughter and she saw that Khushi had hugged her and she started to speak softly - " Khushi, i had always heard all of my life,that all it took was minute for your world to come crashing down, and i experienced the very same emotion, on that day, that fateful day, when everything happened.Your abbu, i knew him from my college days, we were all friends, so so close, me , your father, Zoya's father, and we had Fatima and Firoz.."