Summary: Part 2

**Chapter 17 to Chapter 24**

Since there are a lot of things happening in the next 16 chapters, I am yet again splitting them.

SUMMARY- Part 2

Everyone is on edge when Brian becomes a no show for three days. Since Brian has a history of disappearing for a while and appearing directly in the hospital, they are already prepared to face some kind of mess when he returns. Jack promises Skylar to go looking for him the next day as they both wait for Jayden to finish his work on Ryan's case in the headquarters. Once Jayden returns he asks them to accompany him to Ryan's last location. Jayden and Skylar both notice the way Jack tenses as they make their way to Main Street where Elizabeth murdered Ryan. Jack argues that there is nothing on the street and Jayden reluctantly agrees to make their way back home. Once Jack drops off both Jayden and Skylar, Jayden texts Skylar to meet him again to check the place themselves without Jack knowing. They find the back alley and make their way back to the headquarters to confirm Jayden's suspicion. There they realise that Jack had lied to everyone and he was indeed present on the Main Street around the same time as Ryan.

The next day Jayden doesn't waste any time and goes directly to talk to Tom and Grandpa Sanders about Jack's activity. But when he tries to reveal it to them, he learns that his device was tampered with after he left the headquarters the previous night. Which also meant that someone was trying to protect Jack because the timeline in the device matched Jack's story. Jayden gets angry at this and even more suspicious than before.

At the same time Jack goes to a hotel on the other side of town where he knew he would find Brian since he had already texted him where he was just in case there was some emergency. Jayden warns Jack that he is onto him, through a text message to which Jack's mind wandered to Elizabeth, the first time he saw her and how he lied about it to everyone else. He decided then and there that he won't involve himself in the mess more than he has.

As he enters the hotel room where Brian was currently residing, he finds him crying instead of drunk like Jack expected him to be and gets more worried. Brian shows him the diary that he found from his source and learns the truth about Elizabeth's abuse since she was a child. He also comes to know that her real name is Emily Green. Disbelief marred his face when he realised that he was already involved in too deep even before Elizabeth came in their lives.

James, Jack's best friend had been murdered by Golden Grove and he didn't know why. James had talked about his last wish in a letter to Jack about finding Rose, the girl he loved and keep her safe. Since then he had been struggling with finding her along with Sam, his most trusted man, because all the leads always came to a dead end. He once had gotten information about James' neighbour Emily Green whose parents died in a car accident and that James' elder sister and her boyfriend had adopted her but they were missing from the face off the earth since James' death.

After knowing that Elizabeth Matthews is indeed Emily Green he asks Brian that they need to get back in town as soon as possible. On the way back, Brian gets a call from Jayden where he almost orders his elder brother to come back because he was needed in the interrogation room. Jack dreads knowing who was to be interrogated as he already had an idea but was hoping he would be wrong. When they get back to the headquarters Jack informs Sam that he finally found Emily Green to which Sam replies that there has been a problem in the headquarters.

While Jack learned the truth about Elizabeth, Emily on the other hand was already informed by Tyler that Jack knows about her and he would confront her about Rose in the near future. Emily brushes him off by saying that she is confident about handling Jack but everything doesn't go as planned when the agents from The Group knock at Emily's door to arrest her in the case of Ryan's murder.

Back at the headquarters while the others prepared for Elizabeth's interrogation Jack tried to reason with Jayden about it. Since Jayden was already furious with Jack he spills the beans about how someone is protecting Jack and that he doesn't trust him anymore. Once Jack realises that there could be only one person who was protecting him, he is more determined to interrupt the interrogation and get some answers of his own from her.

Emily made herself comfortable once she entered the interrogation room. Jayden hoped his brother would shed some light on the confusing connection between Ryan, Elizabeth and Jack by asking the right questions. Whereas Brian was wary of interrogating her as he now saw her in a new light. He started with asking her name. When she didn't answer truthfully he reveals to her that he has her diary to which Emily finally answers his question correctly. As the interrogation progresses Jayden doesn't understand why Brian was agreeing with Emily. Feeling frustrated with it he himself cuts in and asks her why she killed Ryan and that once he finds his body he would throw her behind bars. To which Emily assures him that she doesn't know where his body is. Jayden already losing control shouts at her to stop lying. When Jack cuts in and says that she isn't lying, all hell breaks loose.

Grandpa demands an explanation from Jack but Jack twists his statement by saying that they do not have any evidence or motive about the murder. Brian goes to ask her more questions but seeing Emily's bored question he decides to try something else. He asks her about herself to which Emily gets irritated, exactly what Brian wanted as people most of the times blurt out the truth if they are pissed off. He gets exactly what he wanted; the truth. But the truth is too painful for him to handle when Emily blurts out that the diary just showed him what they wanted him to see. Brian gets angry after knowing that his emotions were being played with and almost strangles Emily and forces her to confess that she knew about his past. Grandpa finally shouts at him that Emily didn't know about his past till now but he did. Not only Brian but all the others feel betrayed at grandpa's statement which causes absolute silence in the interrogation room.

When no one says anything, Tom finally breaks the silence and starts firing questions at his dad. Grandpa Sanders tells them that he was the one who made up the diary because Brian was getting too involved in snooping around Emily and that they needed him to back off, hence the entire plan of Brian's source to find a diary and hand it to him. Sam, as shocked as everybody else, couldn't understand who "they" meant to which Mr Asher replies that it was him supporting Emily from the beginning stunning everyone into silence yet again. Brian too worked up with the unfolding events hurts her emotionally by saying that it must have been her who killed her parents. Emily strikes back by saying that maybe she did kill her parents just like he killed her.

The next day Jayden and Brian notice that Nicole is nervous and jittery about something but don't question it. Brian is already disturbed by the turn of events because of which his nightmares were back. During lunch break Skylar gets an anonymous note and speaks about it to Trent. Trent tells her that he found the same anonymous note in his locker. Skylar's blood runs cold when she realises that someone is blackmailing them about their relationship that they had successfully managed to keep it a secret until now. 

**To be continued**

The next and the last part of the summary will be posted soon.

A request to all the readers to not directly read the summary if they haven't read the chapters even once. There are a lot of things that may be missed in the summary but are important in the actual story.

Read. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

Thanks.

-DS