Chapter 20.

Helloo from the other side! I apologize for making you'll wait for so long.

In the good news,

Exams - check

Results - check

Stress-free - check

Regular updates - starting from today.

Yayy!

Without wasting anymore time, presenting Chapter 20 to all my lovely readers.

Jack was numb. He could not feel anything. How many times had he tried to find them? How many times had he heard negatively from Sam? He had lost count. Finally, when he was trying to move on, he is succumbed back to the past year. He had not given up, not even once. That does not mean it didn't hurt anymore. This made him angry. Angrier than he already was. He was going to confront Emily and find out the answers once and for all. He needed to know what happened to them. He wanted to learn more about Rose and May.

"-ack?"

"Jack?" Brian shook him which snapped him out of his trance.

"Huh? What?"

"Dude, you were literally frozen. What the hell is wrong?"

"Everything." Jack looked at him and hurriedly got up. "We need to go back. Now."

Brian didn't question. He nodded and went to pack the last of his things and they checked out.

Jack was too distracted to drive back. He called his driver to pick up his car, which was parked in the hotel parking lot while Brian drove them back to Bridgewood.

Brian wanted to know why Jack reacted in such a way but he knew asking him won't get him anywhere. So he stayed quiet and left Jack to his own thoughts. Brian's phone rang when they crossed the city limits. Jack answered the phone and put it on speaker. Jayden's irritated voice filled the car as soon as the speaker was on.

"Where are you, Brian? You are needed here."

"He's with me." Jack answered before Brian could say anything.

Jayden fell silent.

"I want to talk to Brian." Brain's eyes widened at his brother's hard voice. He cleared his throat. "We've already entered Bridgewood. Be there in twenty."

With that, Jayden hung up. Brian felt confused. "Did I miss something?" He asked Jack.

Jack shrugged but kept quiet. Brian shook his head. He didn't know if he should be worried about Jayden's behaviour towards Jack or Jayden needing him back in the headquarters. He was best in interrogating people. That is what he was mainly needed for. He was afraid he had a clue as to who was supposed to be interrogated.

Jack was out of the car even before Brian had parked it in its place. He directly went to find Sam unaware of the other things happening in the headquarters. He found him near his office. Sam seemed to be in a hurry. As soon as he saw Jack, he started speaking. "Sir, you need to-"

"Not now, Sam. Whatever it is can wait. You need to listen to me first. I found her, Sam." Sam's eyes bulged out of his sockets. "You found Rose!" He exclaimed.

"Emily. I found Emily Green." Jack grinned.

"How?"

"Long story. You won't believe who she is."

"Elizabeth...?" He trailed off.

"Yes." Jack nodded. "All this time she was right in front of us and we didn't even know it." Jack smiled. "We can finally find James' family, Sam."

Sam frowned. "Uh... about that. We might have a problem, Sir."

* * *

Emily was heading back home with Peter after they had their lunch in a cosy little restaurant in the heart of the town. She was the one driving the car for a change. Peter, who was sitting beside her, started to speak something but was interrupted by his phone. He listened to the caller for a minute and then put it on speaker.

"Emily?" Tyler asked just to be sure.

Emily hummed. Her eyes on the road while listening to whatever Tyler wanted to say.

"Jack knows. And he is hell bent on finding Rose."

These ten words made her slam the brakes of the car so hard that it stopped with a jerk.

"Emily!" Peter shouted.

She ignored Peter and answered Tyler. "There's no way in hell he will be able to find Rose. Not while I am still alive." She hissed venomously.

"You know what will happen next, don't you? Are you ready for the confrontation?" Tyler asked.

"More than ever."

"Alright. I'll keep updating you if something else comes up." He cut the call.

Peter looked at her. "You sure you can do it? Do you need more time?"

Emily shook her head. "It has to be done. Now or later doesn't matter. He needs answers and so do I. It will be a fair deal."

Peter nodded and smiled warmly at her. "Let's do this, princess."

Emily smirked. Confidence surged through her. It is time, to finally get some answers of her own.

All her confidence went down the drain an hour later, when two agents from 'The Group' came knocking at her door.

"Elizabeth Mathews. You are under arrest for the murder of Ryan Moore."

Hope you guys enjoyed it. Still a lot more to come. Brace yourselves people.

Read. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

-DS