Chapter 25.

How is everyone doing? Hope you'll are enjoying the summer.

Anyway Happy Reading guys. Hope you all burn with curiosity as the chapter ends. *laughs*

It was twilight, when Skylar and Trent left to meet the stranger. They didn't know from where he or she got their numbers but both of them received a location via text message.

Skylar looked out of the window as the twilight started dissolving into darkness while Trent was driving the car. Being nervous was an understatement. She didn't know what to expect.

Would there be blackmail involved? What would they do if he had their pictures?

Her nerves were trembling. She felt a hand engulf her hand on her lap. She turned to look at Trent. He glanced at her and smiled assuredly.

"Don't worry, Sky. I won't let any harm come towards you, okay? We'll get through this together. I promise."

Skylar relaxed slightly and sighed.

"At least he is meeting us in a public place. He is less likely to cause us any physical harm among the people."

Trent agreed. He prayed that they could resolve this situation as soon as possible. His girl had already a lot going on. He did not want any more drama in her life.

The restaurant was classy. It screamed rich people. Trent gave his car to the valet and made his way towards the entrance with Skylar following behind. As soon as they entered, the manager greeted them cheerfully.

"Welcome to Highlands. I am Mr. Domini, the hotel manager. Glad to have you here. Please follow me."

They glanced at each other unsure of what to do.

"I am sorry, sir, but you might have been mistaken..." Trent started politely.

Mr. Domini shook his head. "We were told to send you'll to one of the private rooms as soon as you'll arrive."

"How do you know it's us?" Skylar asked confusedly as they started following him.

He laughed. "Photos of course. Our entire staff recognizes you and is at your service, ma'am. You'll are the guests after all."

Trent went to ask him whose guests they were but he never got a chance.

"Here we are." Mr. Domini said as they stopped outside a golden door, which was two sizes bigger than them. "Enjoy your dinner, sir, and ma'am." He bowed a little and left.

Trent looked at Skylar questioningly

"Let's just get this done and over with." Skylar said and pushed the door open.

The first thing they noticed was the bright lights. A huge chandelier hung in the centre of the room illuminating it with its golden brightness.

There was a square table in the middle of the room with three chairs surrounding it. They were confused at first. A private room, especially of Highlands is not supposed to have only a small table. Even if it is booked for a dinner for two, they never allow you to change the arrangements.

There was a cough from behind them and they turned to look at the person. The man was handsome to say the least. He must be in his mid-twenties. He had messy brown hair and his brown eyes gleamed in the lights. Trent noticed Skylar looking at him and nudged her.

Her cheeks warmed and she looked away. The man found it amusing but didn't say anything.

"Welcome to Highlands." He smiled.

Trent was not going to believe his politeness.

"Cut the crap, whoever you are." Trent said calmly even though he was raging inside.