Chapter 17.

Just imagine lesser lights in the back alley.

Three days. Three freaking days.

It had been three days since they last saw Brian. No one knew where he was or from whom that phone call was. Brian had a tendency to take off just like that, but that was what worried everybody considering his past.

"Jack, we need to find him. You know what happened last time when he disappeared." Skylar said worriedly. They both were sitting in his office, waiting for Jayden to finish his work. It was already late evening. They both knew that the last thing Jayden wanted was to work on Ryan's case now. However, since he was in charge of most of the work he had to be present.

Jack sighed. "I know, Sky. But we need to give him some space to cope with whatever problem he is facing."

"The last time we gave him space to cope up on his own, he ended up in the hospital."

"This is why we have a three day protocol made especially for him. Unfortunately, for him, three days are over. I am going to go find him, the first thing tomorrow morning. Don't worry." He smiled reassuringly.

Skylar nodded. "I hope, he doesn't do anything stupid again"

Jack chuckled. "Knowing him, the chances are far too less."

They looked up as the door opened and Jayden entered. He seemed stressed. "Are you okay?" Skylar asked.

Jayden looked up from the tablet he was holding. "Fine." And went back to observing whatever was going on in the device.

A few moments later, he looked up again. "Come on. Let's go. I want to show you guys something."

They drove in Jack's car. Jayden sitting in the passenger seat was giving directions. Jack tensed as the familiar road came into view. "Why are we on the Main Street, Jay?"

Jayden and Skylar glanced at each other. They did not miss the way Jack said it. "Uh... Ryan's last location was somewhere here." Jayden replied. "I just wanted to check the place." Skylar, who was sitting at the back, was carefully noticing Jack. She realised Jayden observing him as well as he explained slowly. Jack tensed even more. He did not realise how much tensed he was until it was too late. He just hoped that they didn't notice it. He tried to relax his muscles as much as he could and nodded curtly.

Once they reached the middle of the street, Jayden told him to stop the car. "The signal stops here." When Skylar tried to get out, Jack spoke. "And there is nothing here. This is an open street. I am sure its missing something." He nods his head towards Jay's tab.

Jayden stares at him for a minute. Jack stares right back at him, not backing down. After what seemed like an hour, Jay nods. "You are right. There's nothing here." Jay looks around from inside the car one last time, his eyes lingering at a certain place before he tells Jack to drive away.

Jack drops off Skylar first and then makes his way towards the Kingston's mansion. Skylar's phone beeps in her pocket as she passes through the gates of her house. It was Jayden.

'Don't go inside. I'll be there in five.'

She knew why he was coming. Jack had made them suspicious. There was something off about him when he reacted the way he did on the Main Street. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe it wasn't even related. But Jayden wouldn't listen until he had seen it for himself. And she knew that.

Exactly five minutes later Jayden parked his car in front of the Summers house. Skylar climbed in and found herself going towards the Main Street once again within a span of an hour.

They stopped at the same spot Jack had stopped. However, this time, Jayden knew exactly where to go. He climbed out closely followed by Skylar and took a left. Skylar was surprised because she had never noticed the alleyway before. Once they reached the back alley, both of them took in the sight. "A perfect place to kill someone." Jayden murmured. She gulped. She really didn't want to agree but there was no denying it. The place looked creepy as hell at night.

"Do you think this has anything to do with Jack?" Skylar whispered.

"There's only one way to find out." Jayden replied. "Come on. We need to go to the headquarters again."

"Are we even allowed to come here this late?" Skylar asked as they made their way to the private elevator.

"We are we, Sky. We can come any time we want to. No one is going to question us." Jay grinned.

Skylar rolled her eyes as the elevator doors dinged and they reached Jayden's floor. Without wasting time, they went to his office where he turned on his laptop. It was attached to another screen, which she guessed was the activity device. Jay typed in his laptop for a few minutes and then looked at the second screen. Skylar held her breath as they waited for the results to arrive. The device made a beep sound as the screen displayed the output. She almost dropped the tablet she was holding after reading the words. Jayden could hardly believe what he was seeing. They looked at each other. The same expression of disbelief was plastered on their faces.

Jack had just lied to everyone. 

Whoops!! Seems like Jack is going to be in trouble.

Read. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

-DS