Chapter 30.

And "the incident" part 2. Excited?

Happy Reading guys!

"So you are trying to tell me that Nicole, a sixteen year old girl, your twin sister is in a gang and that Frank Davis was the one to tell you that?" Jack asked trying to make sense of the situation in his mind. He still was not sure on how to believe whatever she was saying. It's not that he doesn't trust Skylar but he doesn't really trust the second-in-command of the rivals.

Skylar nodded. Jack sighed.

"And you believed that? Just like that?" he asked in disbelief.

"Of course not." Skylar snapped.

Three days earlier

Everything was silent for a while. Nobody uttered a word after Frank dropped the bomb on them. The picture was still there, frozen on the screen taunting her as anger built inside her. Trent kept stealing glances at her worried out of his mind at how she will react and glared at Frank who was intensely watching Skylar.

"Is this some sick joke to you?" she spat at Frank. "You expect me to believe this?"

"No. I never expected you to believe this but listen –"

"I don't want to hear any more of your lies or see these stupid photos and nor am I interested in doing anything you ask for." she almost shouted at him and dragged Trent towards the door.

She turned the knob to open the door and get out of there as soon as possible when Frank spoke again.

"I have proof."

"You have nothing. If you think this photo is proof, then you are wrong. Photos can be easily manipulated and I wouldn't be surprised if none of them in that photo are what you portrayed them to be." Trent spoke before Skylar could answer him.

Frank sighed and clicked on the remote again. Laughter filled the room.

"You may not believe the photos but what about a video? You cannot copy the exact same voice or the way one walks, talks, behaves in a video. They are difficult to manipulate like you put it."

Skylar clenched her jaw but turned her attention towards the screen nonetheless.

They were on an empty, narrow road this time. Faint music could be heard which meant they were at the back of a bar maybe. There were two guys leaning against a lamp post on the opposite side from where the video was taken. They were laughing at something that happened inside the bar.

"You s-should h-have s-s-seen her f-face man." One of the guys said laughing so hard gasping for air as he tried to explain whatever he witnessed. Skylar recognized both of them from the last photo. The other guy showed no sign of amusement as he lit a cigarette. He was the same guy who was standing beside Nicole. His eyes gleamed dangerously under the street light. She had a feeling that he was their leader.

"It's not that funny." A voice said. It sounded too close, which meant this voice was taking the video without their knowledge. The leader glanced at him and went back to smoking.

Suddenly there was a bang and three people came running to where they were standing. They kept laughing as they ran. There were two girls whose faces they were yet to see because they were a bit away from the only source of light, and a guy who stood beside the one filming it. He slapped him on the back as the screen blurred a bit and came back to focus again. The girls came nearer to the camera and Skylar's stomach dropped. There she was, her twin sister, giggling and swaying as she stumbled across the road and stood beside the guy who forgot all his laughing and looked at her with lust in his eyes. The guy smirked and slapped her ass as she held the wall behind them for support.

"You are a minx." He teased.

The other girl leaned against the leader who had finished his cigarette by now. He pulled her against him and turned his attention towards Nicole as she started explaining what they did after the others came out.

"You dance, smile and act as a damsel in distress who is too drunk to walk and voila, here is your prize!" she shouted as she pulled out a large wad of cash and threw some in the air as the disgusting human beside her pulled her towards him and kissed her smack on the lips while the others cheered.

Skylar staggered as she closed her eyes and looked away from the screen. Tears were already forming in her eyes as she desperately fought the urge to cry but she would not give Frank that satisfaction. She could punch him right now.

"Sky?" Trent whispered softly as he held her shoulders. "Are you okay?"

Frank had stopped the video by now and was looking outside the window as he tried to give the lovebirds some privacy. He knew that this would hurt them but he had to do it. He had to know about Emily.

He sighed inwardly.

He cleared his throat. "Do you believe me now?" he asked quietly as watery eyes met his own.

"I don't know what to believe anymore." Her voice broke. Trent held her close and looked at Frank, a thought occurring in his mind.

"When you said you want Skylar to pretend to be Nicole, you meant..." he trailed off. Skylar stiffened under his arms as she realized the meaning of Trent's statement.

Frank looked away.

"Hell no." Trent gritted his teeth.

"There is no way Sky is going near them. I won't allow it. Remove that thought from your mind. We are not helping you."

Skylar shuddered, even thinking about the consequences if she went through Frank's plan and failed.

Frank's face hardened. "You don't have a choice." He said harshly.

"I sure as hell do. If it compromises her safety then I won't let it happen."

"It will not compromise her safety." He assured them.

Skylar snorted. "How would you know?" she asked. Then a thought occurred to her as well. "How did you get this video?"

Frank smirked.

"The one who took it, is my man." He said and dialled a number on his cell phone.

"Come in." He said in the phone and hung up.

A few seconds later, the door opened and they were greeted by a guy who was a year or two older than Trent. He smiled at them as he entered the door.

Standing in front of Skylar, he held his hand out.

"I am going to help you with this plan."

"And who might you be?" Trent asked in a cold voice as he took a step towards him.

The new comer met his stare.

He smirked. "Peter Maxwell."

So I may have to split it in three (or more) parts instead of two. Who knows :p

Thoughts on Peter? Was that expected? *smirks*

Read. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

-DS