Chapter 16.

The door burst open as Tom Sanders and Grandpa entered Tom's office. Trent and Jayden were leaning against the glass window. Brian was slumped in one of the chairs. Skylar and Nicole were sitting quietly on the couch. All of them straightened when they saw the look on Tom's face. He looked scary when he was angry.

"Where is Jack?" He asked in a dangerously calm voice. Even though he seemed calm, his eyes were furious and his jaw clenched. Grandpa on the other hand was cool and collected which was unusual.

No one dared to talk. This made him even more irritated. "I asked, where is Jack?"

"W-We don't know, Sir. Haven't seen him since morning." Brian managed to answer.

Just then the door opened again but instead of Jack it was Mr. Asher. He stopped for a moment when he realized the crowd, but continued to make himself comfortable anyway. "Mr. Asher? I don't think we have any meetings scheduled for today." Tom explained politely, seeming confused at the uninvited guest. Mr. Asher and grandpa shared a look. It was subtle but Trent noticed it. "I was called here." He replied keeping his eyes on Tom. Grandpa cleared his throat. "I called him. This is serious. He needed to know."

Tom nodded as there was a knock on the door. Tom's assistant peeked in. "Jack is here. But he is accompanied by a girl."

"This is a private meeting. He should have known not to bring anyone else. Send him in, alone."

Grandpa and Mr. Asher shared a look, again. This time though, Mr. Asher shook his head just a bit as if saying 'no'. And Trent wondered if it had anything to do with Elizabeth.

Five minutes later everyone was settled in the office with Jack facing his dad. He carefully kept his expressions blank. The minute Ryan's death had reached everybody, he knew this had to be dealt with carefully otherwise a lot of things could go wrong. And so he lied.

"I sent him on a mission on Friday just before I reached Bridgewood, which was before eleven thirty."

He loved walking, especially at night when there was peace in the atmosphere. That's the only reason why he was alone on the Main street that night and not in his car with a chauffeur. Which meant that nobody knew the exact time when he arrived, and he was going to use this to his advantage.

"Why am I the last one to know about his death?"

This time Jayden stepped in.

"I am in charge of the IT department, Sir. That's why I was informed first, by the tech guy directly. I told you as soon as I could get a hold of you after the event."

Asher turned his attention to Jayden. "How much more time until we have complete details about his death?" He asked. He was observing everything quietly until now. But since the topic was on the device Jayden made, he may as well ask about it. After all he had a plan to set in motion before the details came out.

If anyone was surprised by his question, they didn't show it. Jayden shook his head. "Don't know yet. The settings that were changed are only for temporary use and main functions. Knowing about his phone's last location and the time of death would take some time. Three days at the most."

Three days are more than enough. Asher thought.

"So what? We sit here and wait for three days to get over?" Tom asked with eyebrows raised.

"I am afraid so, Sir." Jayden replied nervously.

Well, they can't do anything but he most certainly can. He glanced at Grandpa only to realise that he was already staring at him. Asher had to bite back a smile.

Grandpa was amused at the happening events. They were all fools. Especially his son. Tom had made a lot of mistakes in the past and his past was going to bite back in the ass. He couldn't wait to shout "I told you so" in his face and laugh wholeheartedly. If only Felicia was here to see her son. He was pretty sure she would have danced a little when the day came.

Tom dismissed everyone except his dad and Mr. Asher after discussing some more about the issue. "What do we do now?" he asked both of them.

"There's nothing else we can do. We just need to wait for more details and then take action. We don't even know if he died in action or he was killed by an enemy or it was natural." Asher answered.

Tom was convinced. And they left it at that.

The elite walked outside the building and noticed Elizabeth standing near the gates. Once they reached into hearing range she asked about the meeting.

"It was tiring." Skylar answered

"And very strange." Nicole added.

This gained Elizabeth's attention. "Strange? How?" she acted confused.

"Well, first of all Mr. Asher was there and grandpa didn't react the way he was supposed to. He was too calm for this - "

"WE get it, Nicole. You don't need to elaborate." Brian spoke a bit too loudly.

Nicole realized her mistake and kept her mouth shut. They started walking towards the park to spend some time together. Brian's phone rang while they walked. They looked at him as he picked up and listened to whoever was speaking. All of them noticed as his expression changed from curious to excited in a single second.

"Alright. I'll be there soon." With that he ended the call.

"You guys go ahead. I'll join in later." He informed them and left.

Brian couldn't believe that he finally had something on Elizabeth. "I found something. Come over soon." Those were the words he heard as soon as he had picked up the call. Now, all he had to do was meet him, get the dirt on Elizabeth and then return to the park like nothing happened. How hard could that be?

It was though. Because he never returned.

Sorry for the late update. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Read. Vote. Comment.

-DS